Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ISO OT therapist for urinary incontinence(brooklyn)

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 12:20 pm
I need someone in brooklyn. bec I will need to go often. its for a boy of 6. sensory issues. someone that takes united healthcare comm. plan. any offers accepted. if you have experience with someone and what was it. thank you ladies. its anonymous cause I told so many pp.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 4:22 pm
any suggestions?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 7:24 pm
anyone?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:09 am
so many pp saw this. anyone? is there a reason I am not getting replies? can someone help explain. is it that hard to find someone in brooklyn? with united health care?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 9:07 am
I've never heard of an OT who specializes in this, which is probably why you have no responses. Do you want someone who will focus on general sensory processing?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 9:26 am
mabellevie-I do know someon who does this type of therapy -Esty Spitzer in brooklyn but-she charges 90bucks an session and she cant give me a definite amount of sessions I cant pay this kind of money. what is general sensory processing as apposed to sensory processing affecting his awareness in his body to do his functions?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 9:48 am
op, its a very good ques. I will ask my doc

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 10:19 pm
I don't know who told you to go to an OT but I AM an OT and I think you were mis-guided. I don't believe that the road to success here lies in sensory integration therapy. Please go back to your source and make sure he/she is well-informed...

amother

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 3:38 pm
to amother above, I went to a urologist that deals with UI. my pediatrician sent me to her. dr david diamond is one of the top pediatricians in brooklyn so I am not doubting him. the urologist is also top of the line so I am not doubting her either. if you read my original post it explains it well. to make it short I respect that you are a ot. ds has sensory issues that urologists refer to ot for that specific area. I have spoken to my ped and yes thats one of the options of treatment. I guess you arent aware of it. and there is ot's that work specifically with this issue. I just dont know yet if I need someone specifically UI or just ot that deals with sensory issues. I am waiting my urologist to call me back thanks for your imput tho.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 3:39 pm
op again- I do know someone who went to such an ot by the way

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 5:22 pm
Hi, the OT amother here - I am aware of it I just don't really believe in it. I don't feel like - in my understanding of the somatosensory systems - we are talking about the same kind of "sensory" here. Unless there are children whose incontinence really IS stemming from that body awareness-type system... But certainly if you know someone who went that route for this problem, AND HAD SUCCESS - then get the name and GO!!!

otsrock

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 8:05 pm
Does this OT who specializes in it ise reflex integration?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 8:20 pm
I am OT that works with reflex integration. I have an exercise for you to try along with therapy. Have your child lay on his back and use his feet to push himself across the floor for about a minute everyday for one month. It will help integrate a reflex associated with staying dry. It's an easy exercise and it should make a difference with his sensory issues as well.
An OT in Brooklyn

otsrock

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 10:50 pm
Amother above, have you had success using solely the spinal galant exercise?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 11:14 pm
I myself haven't used it alone. That is why I specifically said to do it along with therapy. It is something that can't hurt, and can only help or be harmless even if used alone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics