Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Dressing newborn
1  2  Next

devorah1

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 1:08 pm
My newborn is 3 weeks old and she is my first. I am trying to figure out how to dress her for this winter. Until what age to people just keep their babies in stretchies all day? Also looking for good websites for clothing that are not too expensive. TIA

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 1:25 pm
Stretchies till warmer weather except for special events. Make sure they are easy to remove. I use a sleep sack at night, soometi with a blanket too. Or a hoodie. Thus I can change the diaper easily at night. With a snowsuit I can't.

There are some stretchies that are very cute, not pj like.

devorah1

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 2:20 pm
can you give me an idea where to get cute stretchies for a good price?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 2:30 pm
Mine were all gifts or hand me downs. Carter's is always cute and the snaps are quality. Others were cute but I didn't get as much.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 2:34 pm
Try carters on sale.

Tj maxx and marshalls have nice things in the store; I don't know about their websites (or shipping prices) but check it out.

Baby can wear stretchy def thru the winter, but you might find that two pieces are easier to deal with when changing diapers.

sky

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 4:09 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Try carters on sale.

Tj maxx and marshalls have nice things in the store; I don't know about their websites (or shipping prices) but check it out.

Baby can wear stretchy def thru the winter, but you might find that two pieces are easier to deal with when changing diapers.

Its funny how these things differ from person to person. I find stretchies with snaps up and down the legs much easier then 2 pieces as pants are harder to get up and down then just closing snaps. Snaps on the legs I found easier then snaps in the back.

I think a baby is warmer and more comfortable in a one piece. Especially in the winter I would keep a baby in a one piece stretchy. Velour and fuzzy stretchies are very cozy. As mentioned carters, Marshalls are good sources.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 4:10 pm
Get soft mushy ones, I love huggable babies!

teddyb

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 4:12 pm
I like one pieces until they start walking (tho I had some not- but most were hand me downs or gifts) Stretchies in the winter and rompers in the summer.

I usually found decently priced ones at Kohls, Burlington, Marshalls and TJ Maxx.

cbg

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 5:19 pm
Target, Walmart, on-line, search footie,
Some come with hats that add extra warmth

sky

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 5:22 pm
Macys also sometimes has a nice selection.

luppamom

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 6:16 pm
I like Carter's stretchies. Marshalls often has Carter's stuff cheaper and other cute stuff. Outfits just swallow up a newborn and are not as comfy or warm. Ya, I love the rompers for the summer. It looks much more put together than a plain onsie!

spring13

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 10:39 pm
A onesie undershirt topped with a one-piece outfit is my favorite way of doing things for a little guy in winter. You'll see there's often a difference between ones meant to be pj's and ones meant to be clothing, but feel free not to differentiate if you don't want to!

Stretchies are nice for little guys b/c then you can worry less about keeping socks on their feet. If you find things you like that don't have feet, get some tiny slippers (like Robeez or Ministar) to keep socks on, or consider some fleece-lined booties because let's face it, baby socks just don't stay on.

Carter's is definitely a good place to start: if there's a Costco near you, they often have Carters items for very cheap. Gap has very cute ones now, including a bunch in really yummy velour: keep an eye on the website, they often have 30 or 40% off everything. Old Navy is also usually inexpensive and has frequent sales.

If you want dresses for Shabbos make sure to get leggings or warm tights to go underneath.

wife2

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 12:43 am
carters

Iymnok

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 8:25 am
For Shabbos get tights with a rufflley tushie

musicmom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 8:31 am
I put my girls in longsleeved white onesies until they stopped making it in their size (24mo, I think). I like to put tights and a skirt on top of that with some cute necklaces and hairbows. Once Upon a Child has used onesies for really cheap. They also have a great hairbow collection of all sizes. I like to get the necklaces from Gymboree on sale and the skirts also from Once Upon a Child. Good Luck! Enjoy your baby!

2gether

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 8:51 am
Besides a wintery outerlayer, 2 long sleeve undershirts and tights,
outside coat and hat, covering the ears,
if the hands are cold put on socks on them.

mandr

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 9:44 am
My baby only owned like 3-4 stretchies. I wasn't such a fan of them. I liked tops and pants better. We had a lot of Carters in the early weeks. Then we moved on to GAP for almost everything. I liked sweaters and soft pants. Or fleece sweatshirts. If you're baby is 3 weeks old, that sounds like your baby was born the same time as mine so it's the same seasons.

zohar

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 12:48 pm
Babies r us is another good source and they have great sales. Also nordstrom rack.

spring13

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 1:59 pm
40% off at Gap now w/ code GAPFAM. Go!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 2:38 pm
Gap is still pretty expensive (I don't want to be spending $20 on a stretchie...even if its cute and velour...I spend that kind of money as a splurge on an adorable Shabbos outfit). Personally I find pants and shirt easier when it comes to changing. Some socks stay on better than others. I got some that stayed on as gifts when she was born but sadly I lost them. Still, I like outfits for during the day. I also feel silly taking her out in a stretchie. I don't know why I even care.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics