Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Calling all Teacher in NYC public schools!

momx6

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 8:29 pm
Please tell me your secret for surviving the day to day grind in the New York City public schools. Everyday there's more and more paperwork being asked of us to do. Now my school is having a quality review next Friday the day after parent teacher conferences. Does anyone else here relate to all the stress that I am under?

Please share so I don't feel so alone.

Vent over Sad

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 8:42 pm
I'm not in NYC public school but from what I hear you are definitely not alone. A relative of mine who enjoyed teaching for years switched to counting down the minutes until retirement age and fled. And I hear it is the same all over.

momx6

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 9:13 pm
Seeker, thanks for responding. I can't start counting down because I have too many years left. I don't have any another other option for a different job.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 04 2014, 9:21 pm
Ahhh the dreaded quality review. I work in nyc public school but not as a classroom teacher. There is a ton of work. I just focus on everyday at a time and wait for every day off...today...next wk...Thanksgiving. I just always say its only 183+/- days a year. I can do this and I will Beezras Hashem reap the benefits later with my pension and TDA.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics