Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
If you don't cover your hair for G-d ...
Previous  1  2  3

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 2:13 pm
marina wrote:
Who cares? It's one day. If your in-laws would prefer it or whoever, what's the issue? For one day?

marina ~ can I borrow your zexy sheitel that looks like my hair [although that might leave you coming naked]

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 3:12 pm
greenfire wrote:
marina ~ can I borrow your zexy sheitel that looks like my hair [although that might leave you coming naked]

Uh...just how long is this sheitel?

Emotional

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 10:59 am
Barbara wrote:
If it was meaningful to her DD, I would think differently. DD Rules. Its her wedding.

This.
If it would cause an ounce of stress to the young couple, try to accommodate. Otherwise, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. If DD and her chosson don't mind, then what is the problem?

marina

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 12:51 pm
Barbara wrote:
I'm all in the spirit of compromise, particularly in cases where its no skin off your nose. I even suggested that Greenie's DD consider wearing a traditional wedding dress to the chupah, to make her in-laws happy, then change into something that's more "her" for the reception, a la David Turtera's use of a "change out dress."

But sometimes, it does matter.

I have a friend, let's call her Sarah, who went through an ugly and bitter divorce. Think about everything bad an ex-husband could do, and he did worse. Sarah's daughter will be getting married, please Hashem, some time in the not too distant future, and Sarah will not be covering her hair. For her, its not a small thing. Its a reminder of SlimeBagEx, and would adversely impact her enjoyment of the day.

Now, Greenie isn't Sarah. I don't know her story, and certainly don't think that anyone who does should post it here. But if it bothers her that much, and her daughter isn't requesting it, then I don't think she should do it. (If it was meaningful to her DD, I would think differently. DD Rules. Its her wedding.)
I can agree that wearing a sheitel is not worth it for a woman who has been traumatized and will have ptsd flashbacks or the like. I don't believe that's the case here.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 12:54 pm
marina wrote:
I can agree that wearing a sheitel is not worth it for a woman who has been traumatized and will have ptsd flashbacks or the like. I don't believe that's the case here.

really ?! I feel like I'm on a psychologists couch who doesn't get me at all ... yes I'm traumatized by a **** sheitel !!!

marina

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:09 pm
okey-dokey then.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:11 pm
I guess you have your wig back in case you want to wear that one

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Nov 08 2014, 8:08 pm
greenfire wrote:
really ?! I feel like I'm on a psychologists couch who doesn't get me at all ... yes I'm traumatized by a **** sheitel !!!

Even Marina's?

Mega Hug
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics