Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Chalav Yisrael Milk Chocolate Chips

Bruria

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 7:53 pm
I've been wanting to make cookies with milk chocolate chips, but I never seem to find milk chocolate chips that are chalav yisrael! Does that even exist? If so, please post!

Odelyah

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 8:05 pm
I've never seen them (though that doesn't mean they don't exist) but I would use a good chocolate bar and break it into chunks. (You can do this with white chocolate too.) YUM. Chocolate chunk cookies are way better than chocolate chip cookies anyway. Just my humble opinion Smile

Bruria

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 8:43 pm
Odelyah wrote:
I've never seen them (though that doesn't mean they don't exist) but I would use a good chocolate bar and break it into chunks. (You can do this with white chocolate too.) YUM. Chocolate chunk cookies are way better than chocolate chip cookies anyway. Just my humble opinion Smile

That is such a great idea! Why didn't I think of that before!By the way, do you have a great recipe to share?Very Happy

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 1:09 am
I do that all the time. SOmetimes I get white milk chocolate, regular milk chocolate, break into chunks and bake into my favourite choc chip cookie.

Schmerlings plain milk chocolate is my favourite, but the most pricey.

my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe is big fat chewy choc chip cookies from allrecipes.com. Make with butter not margerine if you are anyway making them dairy.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 2:15 am
And buy some whole milk to dip them in YUM!

2gether

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 7:07 am
oppenheimer's parve tastes just as good if not better!

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 7:50 am
2gether wrote:
oppenheimer's parve tastes just as good if not better!

nothing like good dark chocolate. But milk chocolate is good too, just different. Apples and oranges.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:16 pm
I would love some too

Clarissa

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:28 pm
I often chop milk chocolate into approximately chip-sized chunks for cookies.

proudmother1

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:30 pm
I hate to have dairy cookies and crackers in the house.
Its so easy to grab one after a fleishig meal...
Especially with kids.

Maybe if its a standard in your home, then its assumed dairy. But I usually buy them Pareve, so it can get confused easily.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:35 pm
I keep all dairy baked goods in dairy storage containers, so there's no reason for anyone to confuse them with pareve.

I've broken up dairy chocolate bars to use in cookies and it's yummy. Just keep in mind that most cookie recipes actually call for semisweet chips, and the dairy bars are much sweeter. You might want to reduce the sugar in the cookie recipe or it can turn out overly sweet (that might sound like a good thing but to me at least it isn't).

Bruria

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:39 pm
Thanks for all the tips! I would probably make the cookies for desert for a dairy meal and I'm pretty sure there would be none left, so no reason to worry about confusing with fleishig:D!
It's frustrating that they don't make any chalav yisrael ones, I guess I'll chop some chocolate bars!
Raisin, thanks for the recipe!
MaBelleVie, thanks for the reducing sugar tip!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals