Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Spinoff kalla wearing white: sil wearing white
Previous  1  2

ROFL

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 7:59 pm
Didn't pippa Middleton wear white? And the whole world watched that wedding!

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 8:20 pm
Tacky, tacky, tacky. And did I mention tacky?

teddyb

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 10:56 am
the first time I saw such a thing I was appaled. It was in sem and one girl had pics from her brothers wedding hanging up. they were all wearing "cream" and the kalla was wearing ivory. her dress was YELLOW compared to theirs. I just never got the style. if you dont like dark colors there are so many other actual colors that are light!

sky

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 11:11 am
teddyb wrote:
the first time I saw such a thing I was appaled. It was in sem and one girl had pics from her brothers wedding hanging up. they were all wearing "cream" and the kalla was wearing ivory. her dress was YELLOW compared to theirs. I just never got the style. if you dont like dark colors there are so many other actual colors that are light!

Someone I know just had a "snowball" wedding where everyone in the wedding party was dressed in white. The bride wanted it.
{I know that isn't what the OP was asking - but it is done}

anotherima

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 8:39 pm
I wore an off white gown to my wedding. My mother in law asked if she could wear a gown that was off white and I didn't mind at all.

spring13

Post Tue, Feb 23 2016, 8:47 pm
Ugh, I hate that. And tbh I don't think that many people look good in all white (or whatever shade of white), so I don't really get how it became some kind of trend.

newmom770

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 3:24 am
I totally agree, its a pet peeve of mine. Its the kallahs one and only long awaited day! Give her the spotlight! Why detract from her uniquiness? Such bad taste to do such a thing.

DrMom

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 3:54 am
Meh. A decade or two ago, it was taboo to wear black to a wedding. Things change. Let people wear whatever they want. Unless she shows up in mamash a wedding gown, who cares?

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 8:24 am
Are your SILs Sephardic/Edot Hamizrach? In some communities in the US the entire bridal party wears off-white.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 10:06 am
I certainly grew up where no one would wear white - first time I saw it was by a Sephardic wedding - maybe Syrian. Certainly more common today about all - but I think the Kallah should be asked.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics