Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Out of Curiosity

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 4:11 pm
What is the most hurtful thing you see on ImaMother

I'll go first

If an over 30 single is able to find bed partners I think they should spend their time better finding a marrying partner

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 4:54 pm
I'm not sure you why find that hurtful. It's Halacha.

To me it's: "All Jews in x neighborhood are terrible because there are x crimes that happen there."

And also: "Anyone who is stupid enough to believe that we need to keep Halacha for x reason must be missing some screws or something."

ora_43

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:00 pm
When you post something from earlier tonight, it makes it look like you're not even trying. I'm sure you can find something far worse if you look in the archives.

FTR, I agree that that's hurtful. I can kinda see how the poster might have been going for something non-hurtful, but the way it was said was hurtful.

harriet

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:00 pm
I think this thread is going to hurt/embarrass the people you are quoting.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:09 pm
there are so many things on this site that are hurtful - too many to start listing

sequoia

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:23 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
I'm not sure you why find that hurtful. It's Halacha.

Are you emotionally dense or something?

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:35 pm
sequoia wrote:
Are you emotionally dense or something?
No. I didn't read the thread that this quote came from, and I saw it as a general, unpersonal statement. In general, it is better for people to get married to one guy and not sleep around with various men. That is Halacha.

If said about a specific person/people then I could understand it being hurtful.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:36 pm
amother wrote:
What is the most hurtful thing you see on ImaMother

I'll go first

If an over 30 single is able to find bed partners I think they should spend their time better finding a marrying partner

I had the same reaction as the OP, made me see red. it was stupid, insulting, and judgmental. Also, cruel.

happybeingamom

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:36 pm
I stand by my post and it is a opinion not an attack on anyone.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 5:48 pm
The most hurtful thing that’s been said to me here was said not long ago by someone who actually knows who I am in real life, though we’ve never met. But knows me here and on FB. I wasn’t hurt, exactly. More like appalled.

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th.................ten millionth hurtful thing said here were of course said by that b**ch amother, who should be outed and banned if she doesn’t have a good reason to be amother. I don’t mean you, OP. I just mean in general. I think anybody who abuses amother should be forbidden to use it again.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 6:06 pm
This Banging head is a hurtful emoticon. It was usedabout me after. I stated my opinion that someone happened to disagree with.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 6:08 pm
amother wrote:
This Banging head is a hurtful emoticon. It was usedabout me after. I stated my opinion that someone happened to disagree with.
I have a thing about that emoticon. If it’s used to describe something in the outside world (a mugging, a cruel teacher, a nasty ex-husband) it’s fine. If it’s used to argue here, it is not fine. It essentially means “I want to pummel you” or “you deserve to be pummeled." I don’t like it.

Frumdoc

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 7:03 pm
What thread is this?

My personal bugbear is when someone accuses another person of breaking halacha or being anti Torah when they have a different derech or haskafa.

Oh, and the casual racism. That I find just despicable.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 9:30 pm
I think the thread specifically about mdoif's shortcomings was hurtful.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 9:44 pm
I cringe from the threads titled something like 'WHAT IS GOING ON IN SCHMERELLAND?!?' Or 'Do all (chassidim/MOs/litvacks/general group of people) really think that...?' Or brings up a really controversial topic that talks about a specific place (while the OP happily remains anon!)

I hate the stereotyping hidden in 'bewilderment' that bashes countless people, whether it is actually lashon hora or motzai shem ra.

Happy2B1

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 10:20 pm
It really bothers me when everyone attacks the husband of an op and tells them how horrible he is and that they Better get divorced asap. Without even knowing knowing more than the 5 lines the op asked in her question!

Oh, and everyone that asks a question Must go to therapy. Wow!

Really, people got to chill a bit and realize everyone's got issues that other people might find odd. Doesn't make them terrible people.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 06 2014, 10:21 pm
When people make comments that can destroy others' marriages.
Hashed allows His name be erased for shalom, and therefore I feel that it is extremely important to keep shalom and make shalom between all individuals, especially husband and wife.

marina

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:13 pm
If that's your opinion, hey, are you really Jewish?

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:37 pm
groisamomma wrote:
I think the thread specifically about mdoif's shortcomings was hurtful.

wow ~ did people really do that ?

how rude considering we all have our quirks and/or shortcomings embarrassed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics