Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wearing black to a wedding
Previous  1  2  3  Next

proudmother1

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:14 am
greenfire wrote:
I wouldn't wear black to a funeral ... is it okay to write a note in the invitations NOT to wear black

thoughts please

You seem to be very controlling for a person who waves the tolerance flag.
On one hand you decry social norms, and insist on your right to do exactly as you wish (Which I don't necessarily disagree with.)
But don't you think that all other humans on this planet should have that same right?

Yes, I understand, It's YOUR event. But where do you draw the line? Will your invitation look like this?

You are invited to attend the wedding of my daughter......

Do NOT wear black.
NO heels allowed.
No Diamonds whatsoever. Wooden bead jewelry will be tolerated.
In the spirit of the evening you MUST have at least 2 shots.
Do NOT come in a German car.
If you are inclined to cover your hair, only hats are allowed.
Make-up is to be kept to a minimum. Only neutral colors allowed. Don't dare arrive in purple eyeshadow.
Two hour limit. Don't overstay your welcome.

I hope to see you. Your presence will enhance my simcha.

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:17 am
proudmother1 wrote:
On one hand you decry social norms, and insist on your right to do exactly as you wish (Which I don't necessarily disagree with.)
But don't you think that all other humans on this planet should have that same right?

Yes, I understand, It's YOUR event. But where do you draw the line? Will your invitation look like this?

Do NOT wear black.
NO heels allowed.
Make-up is to be kept to a minimum. Only neutral colors allowed. Don't dare arrive in purple eyeshadow.

Hey, take it easy on Greenie!
She's posting these things here so she won't have to say them in real life.

proudmother1

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:19 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
Hey, take it easy on Greenie!
She's posting these things here so she won't have to say them in real life.

Me too Wink

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:26 am
proudmother1 wrote:
Me too Wink

But you're directing it at a specific person. She's just throwing it out there. Wink

proudmother1

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:32 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
But you're directing it at a specific person. She's just throwing it out there. Wink

Oh, Golly!
Greenfire, you got an army of admirers here!

Forgive me for assuming that Greenfire, as well as anyone else welcomes open conversation, and can take things with a grain of salt.

I feel like I'm back in kindergarten.

Teacher, Teacher......

I thought this site was for married women, (or once married) so I assumed, that being that most women get married when they are reasonably mature, that it would be safe to have a normal adult conversation.

Hugs, hugs.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:33 am
Raisin wrote:
Plus I have a toddler so its a disaster waiting to happen. I ended up with a black dress.

see & I think black shows everything like a blackboard picking up colour

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:42 am
proudmother1 wrote:

Do NOT wear black.
NO heels allowed.

I'm so glad you have an entire picture of me that I truly am not ... your intolerance of discussions make me think the same of you ... as noted above - it was not something I would seriously put down on an invitation

& if my daughter will not wear diamonds or wear heels or white or black - doesn't mean I have put that demand on anybody - but rather wish for her / me / us to be accepted as we are ...

p.s. YOU are not invited !!! Twisted Evil

joy613

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:45 am
greenfire wrote:
see & I think black shows everything like a blackboard picking up colour

I totally agree with this. I never understood why people say black is convenient because it doesn't get dirty.

When I wear black it shows every little thing. After a full day my black skirt is full of spots and white marks that I don't even know what they're from. and can't be worn again without washing. Colors or prints on the other hand don't show dirt as much. Obviously not talking about stark white here.

proudmother1

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:46 am
greenfire wrote:
I'm so glad you have an entire picture of me that I truly am not ... your intolerance of discussions make me think the same of you ... as noted above - it was not something I would seriously put down on an invitation

& if my daughter will not wear diamonds or wear heels or white or black - doesn't mean I have put that demand on anybody - but rather wish for her / me / us to be accepted as we are ...

p.s. YOU are not invited !!! Twisted Evil

Please, Please....even if I promise not to wear black?

sequoia

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:47 am
It is going to be the wedding of the century.

I can't wait for pics.

Barbara

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:53 am
XXX

Last edited by Barbara on Fri, Nov 07 2014, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 9:56 am
Off topic I know, but, Greenie, did you find a shidduch for your son? I recall you posted something about that a while ago. I don't want to sound nosy, but this is most of the time a friendly forum where people care about each other.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 10:17 am
amother wrote:
Off topic I know, but, Greenie, did you find a shidduch for your son? I recall you posted something about that a while ago. I don't want to sound nosy, but this is most of the time a friendly forum where people care about each other.

that's very sweet ~ but since I don't know whom you are - I feel rather uncomfortable with this form of conversation

next time post with your screename Idea

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:

I reported your post. You should PM her or at least come out with your sn.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:03 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:

I am pretty capable of defending myself ... Wink

amother

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:05 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:

If someone should report my post, it should be Greenfire herself. My post had nothing offensive, controversial or disturbing. If it's none of my business, it's not your problem and Greenfire is perfectly capable of letting me know.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:07 pm
greenfire wrote:
I am pretty capable of defending myself ... Wink

That's what I thought Smile

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:09 pm
amother wrote:
If someone should report my post, it should be Greenfire herself. My post had nothing offensive, controversial or disturbing. If it's none of my business, it's not your problem and Greenfire is perfectly capable of letting me know.

yes I let you know indeedy

but just so you know - it is an imamother offense to be "amother" in precisely these situations ...

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:15 pm
amother wrote:

My reporting of your post had nothing to do with Greenfire. It was out of line, and should be brought to the attention of the moderators to protect everyone on this site. It's an abuse of amother and should be pointed out as such. It's against the rules as well to ask about individual posters. Anyways, they won't kick you out for that, so take it easy.

Kitten

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:19 pm
greenfire wrote:
but just so you know - it is an imamother offense to be "amother" in precisely these situations ...

Sorry, I didn't know. So I should only use "amother" to complain about my life and spread loshon hora about my neighbors and relatives. Confused
So now you all know who I am...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics