Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Attention lakewooders
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:02 pm
hi, I am looking to move to lakewood , I am chasidish. how hard is it for me to get my ds into school? I only have one in school now. please no bashing anyone. I am seriously looking to move there. can I move and then apply? do I stand a chance that my child will not be accepted? we are regualar chasidish(a little belz) not belz enough to send to belz tho. thanks

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:06 pm
If you don't have pull you will not get in. And the vaad won't help people that just move here for affordable housing.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:17 pm
I am not yeshivish, I am chasidish. does that mean I need to go thru the vaad too? you mean to say if I want to move to lakewood cause the housing is cheaper I wont be accepted?

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:21 pm
All I can stay is BECOME REALLY BELZ FAST
And move to the new belz shtetl near the 70
or stay where are

LiLIsraeli

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:26 pm
Apply now! If you get a written letter of acceptance then you can start looking for a house.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:27 pm
Yes the vaad deals with all of Lakewood if the only reason you are moving here is for affordable housing and no other reason then they won't feel an achrayus to help you and why should they. It's overpopulated as it is and they have enough on their hands already. Kids can sit home until Chanukah.

My daughter just this week has a new girl in her class and she was home until now. So if you move for no reason no one will care and don't come on here in a year crying that no one warned you.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:28 pm
The vaad tells every parent to first get into a school and then move into Lakewood but don't come without a school.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:29 pm
When I moved to Lakewood five years ago, the vaad helped me among others (not chasidish). They helped me after I moved, I was working on my own before I moved.

I would look seriously into the Belzer cheder as it is new and will most likely have more slots. My understanding is the chasidish boys chadarim are very full and hard to get into. If you already lean towards Belz why go to a different chasidus, here you have a chance.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 2:59 pm
op here-some of you here a very negative. I have a friend that lives in lakewood, for more then 5 yrs. she told me the one reason someone would need the vaad is if you are different then the typical chasidish and cant get into school. I am typical chasidish. although idont go covered but I am chasidish enough to get into belz. belz chaider isnt established so I dont even want to think about it. but all of you so negative about getting ds into cheder I am not so worried I dont have that problem. those of you who did have a problem probably werent as chasidish. or let me hear about it. there was a problem abotu 4 yrs ago. that problem isnt around now. so why be negative. I need to put my house up f or sale first tthere are other things that come first.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 3:15 pm
We are telling you the reality
You think you know better

I wish you lots of hatzlacha

I will very happy to be wrong

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 3:24 pm
amother wrote:
op here-some of you here a very negative. I have a friend that lives in lakewood, for more then 5 yrs. she told me the one reason someone would need the vaad is if you are different then the typical chasidish and cant get into school. I am typical chasidish. although idont go covered but I am chasidish enough to get into belz. belz chaider isnt established so I dont even want to think about it. but all of you so negative about getting ds into cheder I am not so worried I dont have that problem. those of you who did have a problem probably werent as chasidish. or let me hear about it. there was a problem abotu 4 yrs ago. that problem isnt around now. so why be negative. I need to put my house up f or sale first tthere are other things that come first.

You may want to speak to more than one person about this. Just because she didn't have a problem, doesn't mean there isn't one. I was shocked to hear that many boys didn't get into 9th grade the year my son applied, he didn't have a problem getting in, doesn't mean there wasn't a problem.
I don't know about the chassidish yeshivas, maybe they don't have issues with space, but there is definitely a problem in the litvish yeshivas. Nobody is saying you definitely wont get into a school, just be smart and do your homework before you buy a house and move and then end up with no schools for your kids.

Reesa

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 5:44 pm
If you are a plus for their school name you may have a better chance. If you are slightly not a fit you will probably have a difficult time. If you are normal it can go either way. You need good pull.
You will make a better impression and improve your chances of acceptance if you follow recommended procedure of applying before you move.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 7:50 pm
I just moved to lakewood with 5 kids. Im chassidish without a chassidus, I did not have a problem whatsoever. Bnos binah took my girls, I registered and got in. No pull. My boys I wanted in rachmistrivk but they told me those classes are full, but they were willing to take them in if they go down a class ( born right at deadline).
I called beis Avraham they took my older ones and skvere took my younger ones, (really impressed with that cheder.)
I do not think chassidish families have such a hard time

sky

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 8:42 pm
supposedly chassidish schools are easier then the yeshivish schools so you may have better luck then the pessimists on here.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 9:11 pm
thanks for your responses

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 9:13 pm
If you are slightly belz they will tell you thats where you belong.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 9:13 pm
[quote="amother"]I just moved to lakewood with 5 kids. Im chassidish without a chassidus, I did not have a problem whatsoever. Bnos binah took my girls, I registered and got in. No pull. My boys I wanted in rachmistrivk but they told me those classes are full, but they were willing to take them in if they go down a class ( born right at deadline).
I called beis Avraham they took my older ones and skvere took my younger ones, (really impressed with that cheder.)
I do not think chassidish families have such a hard time[/quote]
thanks

amother

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 3:07 pm
I would like to revive this thread. Whatever happened. Did you you get into chaider? I am also considering moving. Already gave a down payment on a house and am really starting to freak out. I know alot of ppl are moving out there and would hope there is some plan in place to accomodate everyone

monseychick

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 3:14 pm
Lets just say from all my friends and relatives that I speak to daily... I believe that Obama-care will work out a million times more than I do in any plans you are fantasizing about and leave it at that

amother

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 3:41 pm
Monseychick I assume ur saying that there is no hope. What do you think all those ppl that bought are going to do?have all the kids sit home?
Maybe im wrong in thinking all these builders and real estate ppl selling all these developments should have some responsibility in this.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating