Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Attention lakewooders
Previous  1  2

monseychick

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 4:12 pm
The builders want to make money..... THATS IT....

Do you really think the executives at the tobacco companies lose sleep worrying about their customers dying of lung cancer 40 years down the road...

debsey

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 7:54 pm
Look, here's what's going to happen. If enough people who are "Belz lite" move to Lakewood, someone will see the opportunity and open a cheder. That's what happens - the situation reaches critical mass, and someone sees an opportunity. Unfortunately, some kids get caught in a "donut hole" in that type of situation. They are not willing to comply with the rules of an existing mosad, the mosad that is less "right wing" than the one they were rejected from is TOO much to the left for their parents - and they have a decision to make. When it's one family, it's a problem. When it's 20 families, it's a NEW SCHOOL......And that's how schools and kehilos are built.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 8:35 pm
That's what I'm hoping. My husband is literally having chest pains over this. We must move out of our current housing because its falling apart. The real estate's selling point is affordable housing along with...its a town set up mosods, stores. ..who doesn't want a chance to live like a mentch with menuchas hanefesh and a normal house that is actually affordable. We all jump on this amazing opportunity. Then find its not as rosy as promised. It can drive you insane!

amother

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 9:07 pm
No... life will never be all rosy. That's just how it is. You will have to pick the roses among the thorns.

Before you move to lakewood you should do some research about the town. Learn how it came to thrive as it is today. Appreciate the yeshiva that brought yidden in to lakewood some 65 years ago. Accept that you are moving into a thriving yeshivish community built around an established yeshiva where there are over 7000 men sitting and learning all day. Women here have mesiras nefesh for their husbands torah learning. Many things here were established to help the yeshiva families. The community respects the roshei hayeshiva and mashgichim. Others have to come to join this beautiful growing community. Others include people who are not really yeshivish and are more modern and chassidim too. But realize what you are coming to and know that without appreciation and respect for Lakewood for what it really stands for you might not be so happy here.

Sure, if you come to live in Lakewood because you want to be a part of this community then the community will help you.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 9:11 pm
Absolutely! I think lakewood is a beautiful place. The people never seize to amaze me. The chance to give my kids an opportunity to experience it is my dream. I def hope to be able to give back to the community and be an asset

amother

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 11:06 pm
amother wrote:
That's what I'm hoping. My husband is literally having chest pains over this. We must move out of our current housing because its falling apart. The real estate's selling point is affordable housing along with...its a town set up mosods, stores. ..who doesn't want a chance to live like a mentch with menuchas hanefesh and a normal house that is actually affordable. We all jump on this amazing opportunity. Then find its not as rosy as promised. It can drive you insane!

This is precisely, what the vaad is most incensed about. People don't do their homework, come to Lakewood ONLY for cheap housing, then come crying to the Yeshiva and the Vaad boo hoo hoo, I have no school for my child.

Its hard enough, helping families, where the father learned in BMG as a bochur for 5 years, got married and learned for several years and built relationships with schools as it is. Then opportunists, come to them with sob stories.

debsey

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 11:12 pm
amother wrote:
This is precisely, what the vaad is most incensed about. People don't do their homework, come to Lakewood ONLY for cheap housing, then come crying to the Yeshiva and the Vaad boo hoo hoo, I have no school for my child.

Its hard enough, helping families, where the father learned in BMG as a bochur for 5 years, got married and learned for several years and built relationships with schools as it is. Then opportunists, come to them with sob stories.

Look, everyone has the right to move anywhere. However, when people don't do their homework, move to Lakewood, and then COMPLAIN when they don't get into a school, or a school turns them down due to a behavior they don't want to change - and then we hear how terrible Lakewood is - it's a no-win situation.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating