Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Upsherin planner? (or bas mitzvah or any bday)

amother

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 10:29 pm
I enjoy party planning immensely. I don't like the hours, money investment, and clean up afterwards.
So while planning an upsherin I realized that specializing in such things would work for me. All of the above have better hours, less cleanup time cause its mostly disposables and and allow for more decorations which I enjoy. Id be in contact with a florist, bakery and order all the supplies as well. The customer would choose from the themes I have done previously (which ill have pics of) or choose any other.
Why would you yes or not go with something like this?

Raisin

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 5:16 am
I would possibly hire someone to do decorations.

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 6:22 am
amother wrote:
I enjoy party planning immensely. I don't like the hours, money investment, and clean up afterwards.
So while planning an upsherin I realized that specializing in such things would work for me. All of the above have better hours, less cleanup time cause its mostly disposables and and allow for more decorations which I enjoy. Id be in contact with a florist, bakery and order all the supplies as well. The customer would choose from the themes I have done previously (which ill have pics of) or choose any other.
Why would you yes or not go with something like this?

So you want to party plan but you don't want to deal with the cleanup? I don't know what you mean that you don't like the hours or the money investment. You need to clarify what you mean.

You do realize that party planning requires an investment?

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 6:49 am
the code is that since she doesn't like doing it for her own events [recent upsherin] - she thought it would be a lucrative business to help others that are in a similar situation ... it's always easier to plan someone else's party - most especially if you turn it into a financial gain

that being said - nopes - I generally stick with my own ideas & could do all those things by myself & probably without the overhead cost of hiring a party planner

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:58 am
Squishy wrote:
So you want to party plan but you don't want to deal with the cleanup? I don't know what you mean that you don't like the hours or the money investment. You need to clarify what you mean.

You do realize that party planning requires an investment?

Sorry for not being clear.
I love making my own simchos!!
I dont like the cleanup and investment of doing simchos sweet tables with real dishes. Like a vort bar mitzvah etc. where you need to come pick up your crystals, bowls etc... they can break.

Also simchos like these require aft setup time or erev shabbos and yt when all the simchos generally happen.

Doing bday parties on the other hand, allows for less formal decorations and things that can be thrown away. (No glass displays etc) I would have real vases and odd and ends but it's usually not so hard to clean up.. and the timing is not so limited.

Unless you enjoy doing these things yourself, you wouldnt necessarily go all out to order ceiling and wall decorations, flowers and matching baked goods. Having somone do all the work for you allows you to have a nicely decorated simcha without doing all the heavy planning and ordering.

Am I being clearer now?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:39 pm
I think it's a great idea. I personally don't hire party planners (I'm too cheap Very Happy ) but there are people who are overwhelmed at the amount of work that goes into a simcha and do hire one.

You would have to realize, however, that limiting yourself like this will mean less calls. Not as many people go all out for upsherins and birthdays as for vorts, barmitzvahs, etc.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:45 pm
amother wrote:
I think it's a great idea. I personally don't hire party planners (I'm too cheap Very Happy ) but there are people who are overwhelmed at the amount of work that goes into a simcha and do hire one.

You would have to realize, however, that limiting yourself like this will mean less calls. Not as many people go all out for upsherins and birthdays as for vorts, barmitzvahs, etc.

Thank you!
I realize that but since im doing it more for the hobby than the money it's ok for now. Thanx!!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 7:03 am
I had a PP for my wedding and poeple found it spoiled.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics