Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Info on TMM high school in far Rockaway

amother

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 10:37 pm
Any info? I was at open house today and couldn't tell. It seemed ok.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 11:09 pm
My DD friends go and they complain there's no achdus among the girls. That they have all been in school with each other forever but they are all on their own. Not one of her friends there can say they love hs......my DD and het friends go to a school in bklyn and can honestly say they love their hs menahelos principal teachers etc... Academically its fine. Frum girls. Does ur DD have friends there ?? It's most imp imho that you look at the chevra first.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 8:30 am
No she has no friends there. She's would go alone. Tx for the info. Anyone else have info? Especially about the current 8th grade going into 9th next year.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 8:53 am
Please do not make decisions for your daughter based on someone else's social issues!

I don't know enough to give you concrete advice, but I know the menaheles and she is the most wonderful person I know. I also know that the girls in general are actually very happy to be there.

Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 11:00 am
From what I've heard the girls and the parents are pretty happy.
My daughter is in the eighth grade and I think she has a very nice class. She has a few good friends and she's friendly with a variety of girls from all over.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 11:11 am
Thanks that's good info! I'm going to inquire more.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 8:44 pm
I am anon purely bc I don't want my username associated with where I live. I would post this under my name if I could.
Op r u aware that the dean and owner is facing major fraud charges and will likely be doing time in the near future? I cannot imagine y anyone would b ok trusting the values and chinuch of an institution under his jurisdiction.

harriet

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 8:46 pm
amother wrote:
I am anon purely bc I don't want my username associated with where I live. I would post this under my name if I could.
Op r u aware that the dean and owner is facing major fraud charges and will likely be doing time in the near future? I cannot imagine y anyone would b ok trusting the values and chinuch of an institution under his jurisdiction.

Pretty sure he is no longer the dean and owner (and hasn't been for close to a year already...)

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:

I am NOT embarassed to say the following under my own name. I don't have any girls in TMM (my only girl is 5). How dare you malign an entire aculty and staff and not have the guts to say it under your own name? What he is accused of doing as an individual has NOTHING to do with the chinuch or chinuch values. What he do was wrong, that's true. So what, now the school should close? From nursery to 12th grade? The teachers somehow no longer have good hashkafa or midos because of something their BOSS did, which doesn't even involve them? Say it under your own name, anonymous, or don't say it at all.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 8:58 pm
amother wrote:

Pretty sure that's BBY, not TMM.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:00 pm
amother wrote:
Pretty sure that's BBY, not TMM.

I think technically it might be both, although there was definitely more daily involvement with BBY.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:04 pm
Look elsewhere.....

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:08 pm
amother wrote:
Look elsewhere.....

Because? And say it under your own name!!!! This is NOT what amother is for.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:14 pm
OP here. Of course I'm aware of the deans doings but I would never hold it against the rest of the school. He's gone and that's fine. I'm still open to a good heimish environ.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:27 am
OMG! If you are going to post something like that at least get your facts straight.

The dean is 100 percent out of the school as a result of what happened. If anything, the fact that the school went through all of this and dealt with it all so well, shows just how strong and dedicated the faculty is!

They have carried on beautifully. Shows that there is real substance there, not just fluff and PR.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:32 am
amother wrote:
OMG! If you are going to post something like that at least get your facts straight.

The dean is 100 percent out of the school as a result of what happened. If anything, the fact that the school went through all of this and dealt with it all so well, shows just how strong and dedicated the faculty is!

They have carried on beautifully. Shows that there is real substance there, not just fluff and PR.

I don't usually "like" anonymous posts, but liking this one was not enough. The facts and assumption are all wrong, and if that post leads to even ONE person not sending to TMM, well.....let's jut say I wouldn't want that on my cheshbon.
Oh and in case anyone is wondering, I have nothing to do with BBY or TMM. My daughter doesn't go there and probably won't go to TMM either. That anonymous post just got me so mad that I had to say something.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 11:51 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
I don't usually "like" anonymous posts, but liking this one was not enough. The facts and assumption are all wrong, and if that post leads to even ONE person not sending to TMM, well.....let's jut say I wouldn't want that on my cheshbon.
Oh and in case anyone is wondering, I have nothing to do with BBY or TMM. My daughter doesn't go there and probably won't go to TMM either. That anonymous post just got me so mad that I had to say something.

LOL you are such a hypocrite. Only anon to say fluffy positive stuff and not serious distasteful yet necessary info is ok? Since when do u have the power to make that determination?
There are so many appropriate reasons y people might want 2 be anon on this thread. Tag has refused to bail out bby/tmm parents who want out so any1 with kids in those schools with no options in the neighborhood may b fearful 2 post freely. He refused to sell the building which is soley in his name to this day. Pray tell who is the dean now? And u think it was handled well? By whom?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 11:54 pm
amother wrote:
LOL you are such a hypocrite. Only anon to say fluffy positive stuff and not serious distasteful yet necessary info is ok? Since when do u have the power to make that determination?
There are so many appropriate reasons y people might want 2 be anon on this thread. Tag has refused to bail out bby/tmm parents who want out so any1 with kids in those schools with no options in the neighborhood may b fearful 2 post freely. He refused to sell the building which is soley in his name to this day. Pray tell who is the dean now? And u think it was handled well? By whom?

If you want to attack me and call me names have the guts to use your name. Until then I have nothing to say. I'm not even reading your comment.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 12:33 am
Just so you know the truth tag refuses to accept the bby/tmm girls on advice of local communal rabbonim to prevent the collapse of bby/tmm and because tag has no room to incorporate so many newstudents not because of any reason directly connected to the dean or hashkafa of bby. Whether the issue was dealt with correctly or not is a matter of opinion but the chinuch/hashkafa aspectof the students was not affected. And the former dean is not involved in any of that at this point and will be even more out of the picture by next school year.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:02 am
I am flabbergasted by the amother that is continuing to post negativity. Trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish. Don't say trying to warn the parent looking into the school. She is aware of this situation and that is not her concern.

The only ones desperately trying to get out are parents who were opportunists and tried to gain power during a trying situation. Now that things are under control, they are left looking foolish.

Yes, when a school goes through something like this and then keeps going strong with an amazing staff, dedicated principals (who were pulled in all directions but remained steadfast that their main concern is their students) and happy students, I consider that a sign of strength.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics