Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How do I prevent further viral illness

sitting

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 10:15 am
My kids and I have all had viral throat and cough for a few wks now...itchy throats etc. One had pneumonia over succot and now my 10 yr old has pneumonia. My 4 yr old has a double ear infec.....going thru a really bad health run here....tips and ideas to kick these bugs and germs out are welcome please Wink
We do wash hands with soap bf meals and in morn when waking. I try to wash pillowcases extra often when they are poorly. Vitamin c for the one recoverinf from pneumonia. What more? Thanks for advise

Esther23

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 11:14 am
Echinacea and elderberry herbs fight viruses. And give everyone a lot of vitamin c daily.

#1 Mom

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 12:26 pm
Did anyone hear anything about kyolik? Does it help?

sky

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 12:31 pm
#1 Mom wrote:
Did anyone hear anything about kyolik? Does it help?

I've given it to my kids. We dilute it in grape juice and they sometimes like to drink it in a medicine dropper because it is the smell that messes up the taste and with the dropper you don't really taste anything.
I don't know if it helped anything.

asp40

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 12:36 pm
The #1 thing to do is to wait to send everyone back to school until they are 100% better. If their immune system is still not 100%, then they will easily catch another illness. This is hard when you are working, but in the long run, they will be healthier.

elsily

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 12:59 pm
Make sure you're washing hands frequently, disinfect doorknobs, bathroom handles, toilets, and any other place that everyone is touching all the time. Try to keep hands off of the face, out of the mouth, eyes, nose, etc, but that might be impossible! Take vit. C, and get proper sleep.

smss

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 1:55 pm
elderberry syrup & vitamins c & d daily
if you're brave enough, go off grains & dairy Smile (or at least try to limit as much as possible)

Pineapple

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 3:45 pm
smss wrote:
elderberry syrup & vitamins c & d daily
if you're brave enough, go off grains & dairy Smile (or at least try to limit as much as possible)

Y grains?

smss

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:02 pm
Pineapple wrote:
Y grains?

they cause inflammation in the body

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:20 pm
Get them off sugar. It depresses the immune system. And I also vote for elderberry and echinecea and kyolic.

There's also Maxibiotic which, I think, has garlic and C and maybe something else.

Anon because I 'hock' about this IRL (and I must be the only one, right?)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics