Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
6 Month old Not Feeling Good - Any Advise?

Rainbows613

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 10:22 am
Sad my poor miserable girl! Took her to the Dr yesterday who wasn't much help.. So maybe s1 here has advise.. So I started her on solids - nothing major - a few spoons of carrot or sweet potatoes a day.. She was fine with it- not loving it but taking it..... Anyway Friday she was constipated and on fri night at 5a.m. woke up screaming couldn't get her to calm down - so she had a bath Confused on shabbos about 6 am!! bH she did her nappy in the bath.. But since then she has been misarable - needs to wind the whole time - she cries away unless I stand holding her stomach... she has also since done a 2nd nappy in the bath.. #She still taking her bottles.. But she's got a cold and puffy/p**** eyes now from all her crying - dr gave me drops.. What else can I do? Prune juice - do they even sell it in Israel??

momX4

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 10:25 am
For constipation try white grape juice, or a spoon of corn syrup dissolved in a bottle of water.

Miri7

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 12:13 pm
Maybe go off solids and try again in two weeks?

My DS had similar problems and I made stewed prunes for him which helped. Cook prunes in water till mushy, then purée. Watch how she tolerates it because it could make stools too loose if she just eats prunes. So maybe give prune feedings still she poops easily, then mix with some other food, see how she does with each food. I had to watch DS and see which foods made him gassy, hurt his tummy and which we're good for him. If he got constipated, I gave more prunes. So it was a lot of observing how he reacted to different foods and carefully changing his diet each day.

I also found that moving his legs helped. I laid him on his back, then held his feet and moved them in circles so his knees would go up and around. This helped him pass gas and also to get things moving in his system. I did it several times a day. Our doctor also suggested that when he was trying to go but couldn't, that I put Vaseline on my finger and rub his backside gently. (I realize this is gross but I'm saying it because it really helped a few times! The things we do for our children!!!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics