Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Shots, How long til baby feels better?
Previous  1  2

Supermom#1

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 12:04 pm
luppamom wrote:
Is it serious (for the past)? Yes, I hope be"H I'll have a doctor I trust to talk to before I give her the next vaccine and daven.

Yes! please take this seriously. This reaction definitely sounds like future vaccines may (especially the DTaP) may be contraindicated.
Speaking to most pediatricians probably won't help. Most will be dismissive and will encourage you or even insist that you continue to FULLY vaccinate, and on schedule too.
I would also recommend that you trust the opinions and advice from experienced mothers. Please be careful.

luppamom

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:26 pm
Op here. Baruch Hashem, baby is getting back to herself and was up much more today and was playful. Only, she has a cold and diarrhea. (Any connection to the shot? I am guessing it's more from the weakened immune system.)
Therefore, I took my baby to the doctor (not one I especially trust), was just trying to be responsible. I told the doctor about the baby's reaction to the vaccine and she said as the last poster wrote, that I should continue giving the baby the shots and that her reaction was normal. This is what I would have thought if I hadn't posted the question on the blog, but thanks to all of you, I am going to get a second [hopefully reliable] opinion before I do anything.

smss

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:28 pm
you know what scares me the most about doctors saying 3 hours of inconsolable screaming is normal? that how many babies did they see this in, that they think it's normal?

oy Sad

userfriendly

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:03 pm
My oldest had a very simular reaction when he had his first vaccinations except he screamed way more than three hours and we almost brought him to the hospital. In the end Motrin helped him (under the direction of his pediatrician)and a cool bath.. He was a little king bring fed in the bath. 😊
My pediatrician took his reaction very seriously and with further vaccinations we did one at a time leaving the DPT out and when we ruled all others out we vaccinated him with only the DT (no pertussis, which is most likely to cause that reaction). He is now able to handle the whole DPT but he's older. It was a long process and I am so great-full for having a wonderful pediatrician who took my ds reaction seriously. If he would have told me "it's a normal reaction to shots" I would have found a better doctor.
Don't let any doctor tell you it's normal for your child to have such a reaction to shots. I'm not saying not to vaccinate but there's no reason not to break up the vaccines. I breaking up the vaccinations for my other children when they first start getting shots to make sure I know if any of them cause a reaction for that child and also because I feel such little babies should not have so much injected into them at once.
Harzlacha and remember this is YOUR child and you are the only one making decisions for him/her.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics