Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Looking for a good show to watch
1  2  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 3:47 pm
I want a show that is relatively clean, funny or drama.
I love downton abbey. I also like SVU.
But Im willing to try something different.

m+m

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 3:56 pm
About a boy

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 3:59 pm
Esti's Mom wrote:
About a boy
this is a movie. Im talking about tv shows.

spoons

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:19 pm
I think they made About a Boy into a tv show, actually.

How about Sherlock Holmes, the bbc version?
I love The Middle though no one seems to watch it! It's funny and clean.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:21 pm
call the midwife, sherlock are both great.

Lost is good too.

Dev80

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:22 pm
I suggested this on the other thread but Merlin (bbc) is really great, clean, drama but also hysterical at times, I enjoyed the acting very much (and it takes a lot to hold my interest in tv shows...)

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:25 pm
spoons wrote:
I love The Middle though no one seems to watch it! It's funny and clean.

Me too! I recommended it to my teens and they also enjoyed it. My teen ds also saw the whole merlin series and loved it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:26 pm
I loved call the midwife. I think I watched the entire series about 3 times already Smile

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:43 pm
btw I don't know if you can get netflix in israel but there is an website/app called Hola which allows you to pretend you are in the USA (or another country where netflix is available).

I'm not in israel but I have hola on my tablet and its great. Although I can get netflix the selection is quite limited so it enables me to switch to any country I want. I can also watch the latest downton abbey episode on the ITV website.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:48 pm
amother wrote:
btw I don't know if you can get netflix in israel but there is an website/app called Hola which allows you to pretend you are in the USA (or another country where netflix is available).

I'm not in israel but I have hola on my tablet and its great. Although I can get netflix the selection is quite limited so it enables me to switch to any country I want. I can also watch the latest downton abbey episode on the ITV website.
you cant get netflix in israel. I have a site or two where I watch all the things that I watch. but thanks.

dimyona

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:50 pm
Arrested Development is awesome. There's some raunchy innuendo, but it's mostly clean and lighthearted. It's very punny and wordy, not sure if you go for that.

bcimhappy

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 5:21 pm
Drop dead diva. Very cute, funny, drama entertaining. .. its about a superficial model who dies and comes back to earth in a "plus size" successful lawyer. I like it bc the cute message and all the law cases she helps... it has 6 seasons you can watch on watch series I believe.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 5:38 pm
Dr Katz professional therapist. I just found this show and it's hilarious and smart.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 5:49 pm
Burn notice!

It's action/drama and really funny. I am in love with this show and watched all seven seasons several times. Recently I got my grandma hooked on it too. It's about a spy who gets blacklisted from the intelligence community and has no idea why. The series is based around him trying to get his job back and figure out who burned him and why. Each episode also has a subplot in which he's kind of a vigilante who helps people solve problems using his awesome skills. It's an awesome show that's basically clean, witty, and exciting!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:45 pm
Modern Family, Full House and The Goldbergs are really funny, family friendly shows.

Chicago PD is a good action/drama.

I love Cedar Cove because it's very clean and relaxing, no major action, just mature relationships.

cinnamon

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 4:56 am
The mentalist - it's a police procedural like svu and really fun.

Forever - just started watching it, it's similar to the mentalist with a supernatural twist.

person of interest - lots of action, pretty witty and really good.

Leverage- action packed, not bad acting, great writing and really fun (has five seasons and is over now)

Grimm - I'm not sure whether to recommend this or not, the writing is often awkward, the
acting is not that great and the storylines annoy me but for some reason I still watch it so there must be something to it.

freidasima

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 5:01 am
There is a show being shown on channel 9 (russian TV) in EY for a while already called "the Sultan", it was originally a turkish show that ran for four years called Muhtesem Yuzyil - the Magnificent Century. The first 19 episodes (2 hours or so each) are available on Youtube - google Magnificent Century - it's about the life of Suliman the great and his wives. Clean (the turks won't show any shmutz), fascinating and there are even Jews involved.
It's marvelous, and you can learn Turkish from it too...

saw50st8

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 5:11 am
Brothers and Sisters

deena19k

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 7:11 am
Rookie blue. A cop show with great plots and some great romance. Love it!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:01 am
cinnamon wrote:
The mentalist - it's a police procedural like svu and really fun.

Forever - just started watching it, it's similar to the mentalist with a supernatural twist.

person of interest - lots of action, pretty witty and really good.

Leverage- action packed, not bad acting, great writing and really fun (has five seasons and is over now)

Grimm - I'm not sure whether to recommend this or not, the writing is often awkward, the
acting is not that great and the storylines annoy me but for some reason I still watch it so there must be something to it.

Glad to see someone else likes forever! I'm really enjoying it, I love Henry!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics