Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Very sad and Disturbing

monseychick

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 4:06 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/style/ho......html

chani8

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 12:43 am
As it said in the article, we don't need a 'social experiment' to know what to expect when a drunk, lost, woman asks for help.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 4:30 am
Wait, so we're allowed to judge tznius people based on how they look but we're not allowed to judge her based on how she looks?

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:53 am
Heyaaa wrote:
Wait, so we're allowed to judge tznius people based on how they look but we're not allowed to judge her based on how she looks?

??????

I need coffee or I didn't read article
I thought the men trying to attack her were being judged

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:18 am
there are a lot of things to be learned from this [although I didn't watch the entire clip]

women should not go alone to drink - buddies save each other

don't get that drunk that you cannot find your way home & if you do call a taxi

those type of men are sleaze balls - they want one thing & one thing only

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:27 am
1) this video was totally staged
2) I thought it was really funny ( I actually laughed out loud at some parts)
3) don't get drunk and then walk outside alone. Not because men are allowed to take you home just because your drunk, but because there are bad people out there (such as these men) an d it would be wise not to put yourself in vulnerable and dangerous situations

debsey

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:31 am
Like I said in the discussion of the other video, basic premise of self-defense is prevention. Don't get drunk alone!
At what point are we becoming so open-minded in our fear of 'blaming the victim' that we're losing all sight of common sense? If you get drunk and wander around, what do you THINK will happen?! If you're a guy, you'll get mugged. If you're a girl, you'll get mugged or raped or both.
If a man walked outside when drunk and got robbed, would we say "don't blame the victim?" or would we say "what a shame, some life lessons are learned the hard way!"
Don't leave your keys in your car. Don't let your two year old play outside by himself. Don't wear expensive jewelry in an area known for crime. I mean, seriously, people, common sense!
I'd donate money to develop a pill that people could take that would make them DEVELOP common sense.....

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:38 am
debsey wrote:

I'd donate money to develop a pill that people could take that would make them DEVELOP common sense.....

good luck with that

mirror

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:41 am
She looked like a supermodel and she wore a mini-dress.

Now, I want to see the same video with a drunk 80-year-old woman.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:50 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
??????

I need coffee or I didn't read article
I thought the men trying to attack her were being judged

My comment was to OP. She posts an article here in which the premise is 'WT* can't I do whatever I want and still get respect' and I'm assuming OP posted it as sympathy for the girl who people unfortunately judged as 'dtf' based on how she dressed/acted. The same day OP posted this article, she also commented in a different thread condemning anyone who dresses too tznius as 'cruel disgusting people'. I think it's funny that the same person who says we're allowed to assume negative things about people who dress too frum also says, on the same day, that we're not allowed to assume negative things about people who are makpid on less than the nth degree of tznius.

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:53 am
OPINIONATED wrote:
She looked like a supermodel and she wore a mini-dress.

Now, I want to see the same video with a drunk 80-year-old woman.

sleaze balls don't look at age - they look at v@ginas !!!

mille

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 1:22 pm
greenfire wrote:
there are a lot of things to be learned from this [although I didn't watch the entire clip]

women should not go alone to drink - buddies save each other

don't get that drunk that you cannot find your way home & if you do call a taxi

those type of men are sleaze balls - they want one thing & one thing only

Even better, always have a DD in your group. Not only does that mean you have a ride home while drunk, it also means that one person in your group is totally sober and will have your back if any creepy dudes are getting a little too close! Being with friends who are also drinking is obviously preferably to drinking in public alone, but other drunk friends may also fail to identify a dangerous situation.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 12:48 pm
HOAX! http://www.westernjournalism.c.....-rail

"The creators of the video, Zhang and sidekick Seth Leach, asked men on the street of Los Angeles and on Facebook if anyone would like to take part in a funny hidden camera skit."

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 1:22 pm
Heyaaa wrote:
My comment was to OP. She posts an article here in which the premise is 'WT* can't I do whatever I want and still get respect' and I'm assuming OP posted it as sympathy for the girl who people unfortunately judged as 'dtf' based on how she dressed/acted. The same day OP posted this article, she also commented in a different thread condemning anyone who dresses too tznius as 'cruel disgusting people'. I think it's funny that the same person who says we're allowed to assume negative things about people who dress too frum also says, on the same day, that we're not allowed to assume negative things about people who are makpid on less than the nth degree of tznius.

You might want to just PM her your peeves or instead of posting intentionally cryptic things here
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics