Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Urgent Family Crisis Please Help
1  2  Next

marina

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 8:29 pm
This is not about me, but about an imamother member many of you know. I know her as well, and am vouching for her situation.

This amother has two small children and a husband who has been laid off and has not found a job yet. She is in school, finishing up several last credits so she can find work. One of her children has special needs.

They are short on money for diapers and food. They are late on electric and gas and are avoiding using heat because they cannot pay for it. The car insurance is past due and will be cancelled by next week. Rent is coming due at the end of this week. Also, they have prepaid cell phones because they are cheaper and they expire in two days. Without phones or a car, they cannot try to line up job interviews. This woman is panicking and understandably distraught.

If you can,please help. This is a temporary situation and she and her husband are both working hard to get themselves to a better place.

Here's the easiest way: a Go Fund Me account: http://www.gofundme.com/h5u87g

This is an anonymous email the woman set up for paypal help: anonymousamotherhelp@yahoo.com

If you feel more comfortable, you can send the money to my paypal email at mpearlmutter1999@yahoo.com or if you have another idea, please let me know.

Even 5 dollars will help. Anything you can do. Thank you!

Last edited by marina on Fri, Nov 14 2014, 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total

marina

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:09 pm
Thank you so much to those of you who are giving and to those of you who are considering it!

marina

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 7:19 am
If you'd rather send a check to me that is totally fine, I can give you my address. I will then pass it on to her

Last edited by marina on Wed, Nov 12 2014, 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Culturedpearls

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 7:26 am
Done.
Hope things improve quickly

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:44 am
if she can get or already on on food stamps - the government will give them a free phone with a certain amount of FREE minutes per month

good luck !!!

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:46 am
greenfire wrote:
if she can get or already on on food stamps - the government will give them a free phone with a certain amount of FREE minutes per month

good luck !!!

Not only food stamps - any income-based program such as Medicaid, SNAP, HUD/Section 8, etc.

Two companies that provide this service are www.safelinkwireless.com and www.assurancewireless.com.

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 1:46 pm
I'm sorry I don't understand how to send money to an email address? Can you give me instructions?

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 2:13 pm
Being that tI was just the recipient of so much amazing goodness for something much less urgent than what you described, I'm gonna participate. Not $100 of course, but what I can. Maybe you can do a GoFundMe page like I did? I was shocked by how quickly mine went viral.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:22 pm
done. I wish you much luck amother.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:48 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I'm sorry I don't understand how to send money to an email address? Can you give me instructions?
go to www.paypal.com, click send money, enter card number nd credit card number. then it asks to enter an email address. that is who you are sending the money to.
Does that make more sense?

marina

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 6:31 pm
We've also set up a GoFundMe account for this woman, and you can just use your credit card.

http://www.gofundme.com/h5u87g

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped. It makes a big difference, not only the actual financial help- which is huge - but also knowing that people care about you and want to help.

marina

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 6:31 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Being that tI was just the recipient of so much amazing goodness for something much less urgent than what you described, I'm gonna participate. Not $100 of course, but what I can. Maybe you can do a GoFundMe page like I did? I was shocked by how quickly mine went viral.

Actually, you were an inspiration for the Go Fund Me page we made for her!

boysrus

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 6:53 pm
Thank you Marina for the link to the gofundme page. That make it so easy to donate. I just donated...
Good luck to you amother.
Please G-d one day sooon you will be on the giving end, not the recieving end. Ihope your husband finds a job soon.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:34 pm
Just donated!
BUMP

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 4:37 am
I don't have any extra cash right now, because I just paid a ton of bills and rent.

If anyone buys anything from my website, I will donate ALL the profits to this family.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Rivk....._menu

Peanut2

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:11 am
FF that is so nice of you! Do you mind if I share the link on FB and other places?

Everyone keep giving!

be good

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:42 am
sent a donation via paypal. may they be on their feet and stress free soon!

tiredmommy

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 12:16 pm
I just donated as well. May it be a zechus for everyone who needs a shidduch.

saboni

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 12:32 pm
Sent

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 12:38 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I don't have any extra cash right now, because I just paid a ton of bills and rent.

If anyone buys anything from my website, I will donate ALL the profits to this family.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Rivk....._menu

frantic, your work is GORGEOUS!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics