Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
6 m.o. fell off bed-should I worry?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 2:14 am
My 6 month old was sleeping on a bed and I put a big carriage at the side in case he will wake up to guard him. I hear him cry (sign that woke up but not terrible cry) and ran into room and he was on the floor. The way positioned looked like head first but wasn't even red and he stopped crying as soon as I held hem.
I assume was caught by carriage then fell - so not so steep.
He totally seemed fine rite away and now nursing.
WWYD?
Should I call DR (I imagine would just say make sure he is himself and not pale..)

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 2:24 am
Wake him up every 2 hours or so for the next 24 hours. Watch for glassy, unfocused eyes or vomiting. After 24 hours you'll know you're in the clear. If anything seems off at all, don't hesitate to go straight to the ER. It may be nothing, and probably is nothing, but you'll feel better if you go in just in case.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 2:31 am
scared of ER bec social service stories....

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 2:33 am
amother wrote:
scared of ER bec social service stories....

If you see something that seems off, you should risk it. If there's inter cranial bleeding and you don't get him checked out… CV'S social services will be the least of your concerns. Crying

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:20 am
I hope you realize not to let him sleep on a bed anymore. If he is rolling over I can't believe you would even think about letting him sleep on a bed by himself. He should be fine but don't do this again.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 4:28 am
Agree with the first poster. If you don't see any throwing up within 24 hours, it should be fine and I wouldn't worry. Unless you see that he's acting differently than normal, then I'd get it checked out.

BH kids are resiliant! But definitely I wouldn't advise leaving a 6 month old sleeping on a bed in another room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics