Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
URGENT PASSUK/MISHNA NEEDED!!!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:29 am
I hope one/some of you can help me asap.
I need a nice passuk or mishna or quote from Gemara describing a jewish girl/woman.
I have Kol Kvuda Bas Melech Pnima but need somethign else this time around.
to explain: my students bat mitzva party will be this weekend and her parents want to praise her with a nice quote from the torah. the above mentioned passuk was already mentioned at her sister bat mitzva so I need something new. please help me asap!
Thanks in advance

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:32 am
Isha yiras Hashem hi tis-hallal?
Have a look in Eishes Chayil, that one is there and you should be able to find more!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
Isha yiras Hashem hi tis-hallal?
Have a look in Eishes Chayil, that one is there and you should be able to find more!

OP here
eishes chayil has so many beautiful pessukim but its more for the married woman somehow. I need sosethign for a girl...
and the passuk you quote I dont think the parents will use being not frum

2gether

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 8:50 am
בנותינו כזויות מחוטבות תבנית היכל
(תהילים, perek before ashrei ) look in Rashi and you've got a whole dvar torah.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:08 am
2gether wrote:
בנותינו כזויות מחוטבות תבנית היכל
(תהילים, perek before ashrei ) look in Rashi and you've got a whole dvar torah.

thank you thats great!!!

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:10 am
Code:
In introducing the sisters Rachel and Leah, the Torah says "V'einei Leah rakos v'Rachel hayisa yifas toar v'yifas mareh" - "Leah's eyes were tender while Rachel was beautiful in form and beautiful of appearance." Rashi explains that the eyes of Leah were 'tender' from weeping. She heard people commenting "Rivka has two sons and Lavan has two daughters. Let the elder daughter (Leah) be for the elder son (Esav). Let the younger daughter (Rachel) be for the younger son (Yaakov). What an astounding introduction to our worthy matriarch Leah! One sister is beautiful and the other has red eyes. Is that the most flattering thing that can be said about her? Yes! In this passuk lies the strength of Jewish womanhood, as well as the enduring praise to Leah. Wild rumours would not bring Leah to despair - it was the truth behind those words. There were aspects of Leah and Esav. which were mutually compatible. Had Esav withstood his trials, he too could have risen to the heights of the Avos. But since he failed so miserably, Leah had no wish to be united with him. Therefore she prayed, she entreated, she wept, until the power of those tears altered her destiny, and she became the wife of Yaakov.

"B'zchus nashim tzidkaniyos nigalu avoseinu miMitzrayim uv'zchus nashim tzidkaniyos asidim lihigael "'

"in the merit of righteous women, our forefathers were redeemed from Egypt and in the merit of righteous women in the future we will be redeemed."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics