Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Gifts for teachers

happy3

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 8:16 am
I would like to give gifts to my sons teachers. He is in preschool, so he has Morahs. I can never think of something original. Please post some ideas that are not too heavy for him to carry on the bus.

Yitta

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 7:51 am
I've bought my kid's teachers a package of very pretty stationary cards. Their teachers seem to like them. When my son was in daycare I got a package for his provider and she asked where I had found them because she wanted them for her son's teachers. They can be used for thank you notes which is nice to have available when you need them.

Hope this helps.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 8:17 am
Gift Cards are always the way to go! I used to teach in public schools so this was different, but food, I could never use because it was never kosher. And inevitably, I would always get a few dozen boxes of chocolate, candles and bath stuff. I would never use any of it and would end up giving it to friends or throwing it away. People would give gift cards, either to blockbuster (depending on the teacher), starbucks (again, depending on the teacher) or even a gift card to the mall that you can use at any store. It can be for even 5 dollars, or you can get together with 10 sets of parents and that's $50 to a store for a teacher to get what she really wants.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 1:17 pm
I second the gift card idea. I have done cards to HomeGoods, Barnes and Noble, Starbucks, a local kosher candy shop, and even to a women's clothing store. All were happily received. No wrapping, easy to send with kid, teacher buys a treat for herself that she's sure to enjoy.

Do you send all the Yomim Tovim? I guess we have done it just for Rosh Hashana and Pesach.

Also, do you give the same $$$ value for the assistants? We do but all the gifts get so expensive. Is it OK to give something less pricey to the assistants?

managingmomof3

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 10:53 pm
if you live in or near crown heights I suggest Rivkie Abramowitz! 718 7783 4615 - I bought really classy gifts there today for my kids teachers(morahs ) and my babysitter who graduated today too! She has decent prices and you can't go wrong - plus the magnificent way she packages makes a 20 dollar item look like it's worth $50!!

managingmomof3

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 10:54 pm
773 4615 sorry!

livalittle

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 10:59 pm
What was done in our our preschool and I think leaves the teachers happiest - perhaps you can coordinate between the parents of your class that each child brings in 25 dollars to split between the teachers and give it as a collective gift from the class.

I think it would work well for the parents as well bec. if your child has an english and then hebrew teacher, plus morn\noon assistant - you're talking abt 4 teachers...if each parent brings in 25 dollars v.s. you having to buy something for each teacher - saves you $$$. The only disadvantageto that was that I only received one thank you note bec. e\o submitted e\th to the office - so make sure to write anice note to your sons morah! She probably worked very hard!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 11:20 pm
I just bought for all of my kids' teachers shabbos lamps. I think that even if someone has it they can always use another one for a guest room. Also I find that people like cookbooks too.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 10:58 am
Some of these places should advertise here!

yersp

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 7:09 pm
my daughter is in playgroup. I was really happy with the teachers, do I have to get them a gift too?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics