Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How to get ds10 to bath himself

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 4:07 pm
My ds 10 goes in the bath himself. he will fill up the bath and I would tell him to wash himself first and then he can play in the bath.

5 minutes later hes not washed himself and is just playing. I tell him again to wash himself and 5 minutes later hes done his hair but not his body.

Sometimes his in there for 15 20 min and done nothing. So ill just pull him out of the bath annoyed.

He knows how to wash himself and do his hair.

How can I get him to wash himself first before playing and to stop wasting all that water?

Thanks

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 4:15 pm
Set a timer. Give him a realistic amount of time to bathe and then he gets time to play or read or go on the computer or whatever he would enjoy. If he takes too long then he misses out on that activity.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 9:42 pm
How is it wasting water if you're filling the bath for him anyway? He obviously enjoys it. Baths and fun and relaxing for lots of kids. Why do you mind if he wants to stay and play? Maybe you need to adjust your expectations.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:14 pm
I pour a shampoo/body wash for kids in the tub on the nights that I'm pretty sure they wont wash. This way they are sitting in soapy, bubbly water and come out smelling clean. My rule is that the shabbos bath has to get done properly and no one gets bubbles. They have to scrub and use soap then no matter what.

My son is around your sons age. He takes quick showers mostly these days. Every once in a while he'll take a looong bubble bath where he does lots of pretend play. That takes too much time so I'm happy he got used to showers.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 10:15 pm
he still got clean after sitting in the water for that long. Not as clean as with soap, but still clean since his dirt got washed off....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children