Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How to push...??

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 2:16 pm
hi I wondor if anyone has any advice. my daughter has been refused to school. they said they have absolutely no space and are only accepting siblings. well, that doesn't help us because its our first. ive spoken to a bunch of people and they all say we have to PUSH , they do this every year..say the same thing... what exacvtly does that mean? ive called the schoola bunch of times and each time they keep saying that there is just no room and were really sorry blah blah. my husband has spoken to guy on the committee who was not very helpful and said there is no way etc. I know they say it every year to lots of ppl and they just "push" and somehow they get in.my question is what else are they doing? I have sent letters to them but they haven't answered...I live in England and there are only a handful of schools and I do not want her to go anywhere else. does anyone have any experience or advice what to do in this situation? what more should we be doing? Hypnotized

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:14 pm
I don't know much about how the British system works, but is there a rav in your community that you can speak with that may have some pull at the school and would be able to speak with principal on your behalf?

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:17 pm
amother wrote:
hi I wondor if anyone has any advice. my daughter has been refused to school. they said they have absolutely no space and are only accepting siblings. well, that doesn't help us because its our first. ive spoken to a bunch of people and they all say we have to PUSH , they do this every year..say the same thing... what exacvtly does that mean? ive called the schoola bunch of times and each time they keep saying that there is just no room and were really sorry blah blah. my husband has spoken to guy on the committee who was not very helpful and said there is no way etc. I know they say it every year to lots of ppl and they just "push" and somehow they get in.my question is what else are they doing? I have sent letters to them but they haven't answered...I live in England and there are only a handful of schools and I do not want her to go anywhere else. does anyone have any experience or advice what to do in this situation? what more should we be doing? Hypnotized

You need to contact askanim. You need to contact rabonim who are involved in school. You need to contact professionals. If you can afford it, bring out your checkbook. You need to form connections with people already in the school and involved in the admissions committee. You need to call. You need to write letters. You need to find out if you are not being accepted for a reason or if it's really because of space. Do you meet the school's standards hashkafically? You need to also look for another alternative school. Try from all angles. I know others who were in the same position as you and found schools BH, while some are still looking. Hatzlacha. You are not alone.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:27 pm
Is there a significant reason she can't go to another school?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children