Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Help me pick 1
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:22 pm
OP here
I found a 3rd option, but I don't know if it's girly looking

http://www.bestdressedchild.co......html

So, do you like A,B,or C.

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:23 pm
Bris Outfit

If you're interested in other options, this may be a better choice for you. It is a 2 piece, which means it should last longer in terms of fitting, and the mohel will probably be happier with it. It also comes with a hat

miami85

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:40 pm
May I ask why you are spending $50 on an outfit that will likely get blood stains on it? My babies spent most of the time wrapped up in blankets, I don't think anyone noticed their outfits--1 was borrowed (used the same outfit for pidyon haben), and one was from a gemach.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:43 pm
Blood stains? Why on earth?

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:21 pm
miami85 wrote:
May I ask why you are spending $50 on an outfit that will likely get blood stains on it? My babies spent most of the time wrapped up in blankets, I don't think anyone noticed their outfits--1 was borrowed (used the same outfit for pidyon haben), and one was from a gemach.

Because she's the grandmother and wants to buy something nice for the simcha. It's not a necessity and there is nothing wrong with a gemach, but she is entitled to purchase something as well.

I like option C just don't know how practical it would be for a bris. Bshaa Tova

m in Israel

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:27 am
miami85 wrote:

I have 4 boys and used the same outfit for all of them -- not a blood stain on it (and it was actually used for other kids as well -- it is a family outfit). The mohel asked for a bunch of cloth diapers that he used to put underneath the baby and those got a bit bloody, but even those not so much. Why would the blood get on the outfit? The mohel usually works over the diaper, the bris itself is pretty quick and the wound is bandaged right away, then rediapered.

In any case, we have lots of beautiful pictures of the babies being brought in on the pillow, put on kisei shel Eliyahu, etc. They were not wrapped in blankets.

OP, I vote for B. And 0-3 months is certainly not too big for most newborns, especially if you want it to last for the pidyon. I never even bought any clothing in size Newborn until I had a preemie! Babies grow out of them too quickly. And I have found that the weight estimates on clothing are usually too high -- by 16 pounds I really don't think most babies are still fitting into a 0-3 month outfit -- especially a one piece.

Sanguine

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:48 am
My family has a "Bris Dress" (which is what I thought you were talking about). It's a very very very long white gown (white and lacey). It's been worn by tens of family babies. My grandfather wore it in 1905 as did my son who was named for him (in 1994). My grandfather's brother and sister's family wear it too so it's up to 5th generation wear. No pants but the tremendous amount of material drives the mohel crazy (too bad). After the actual Brit we change the baby into a comfortable stretchie - doesn't matter what it looks like cause the baby then just sleeps under a blanket.

m in Israel

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 4:17 am
Sanguine wrote:
My family has a "Bris Dress" (which is what I thought you were talking about). It's a very very very long white gown (white and lacey). It's been worn by tens of family babies. My grandfather wore it in 1905 as did my son who was named for him (in 1994). My grandfather's brother and sister's family wear it too so it's up to 5th generation wear. No pants but the tremendous amount of material drives the mohel crazy (too bad). After the actual Brit we change the baby into a comfortable stretchie - doesn't matter what it looks like cause the baby then just sleeps under a blanket.

Actually, I do that, too. After the Bris when I go to a private room to nurse I change the baby into a stretchy.

I think it is so nice to have a family "tradition" like that.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 6:48 am
I borrowed outfits for my son's Brissim. One of them got very blood stained right after the bris was finished.The Mohel was a bit alarmed to see that much blood- he said it was unusual. But B"H it had stopped bleeding by the time I showed it to him so he stopped worrying.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 9:24 am
Sanguine wrote:

This is beautiful, it must be so touching to see each baby in the same outfit, especially knowing it was worn by so many generations.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics