Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Sheva brochos
Previous  1  2

Iymnok

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:50 pm
amother wrote:
We once made an indoor bbq for a sheva brachos. The grill was right outside the house. All food was brought buffet style into the kitchen. Everyone ate around the dining room table. It was the cheapest sheva brachos we ever made and lots of fun too.

We did that! In Cleveland too!
They had a porch with as gas bbq right of the kitchen/dining room. They kept bringing players in. Cutlets, hotdogs and burgers.
And an ice bucket with beers.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 5:45 am
ElTam wrote:
Maybe they said they don't want any because they feel all the stress surrounding the wedding. In general, friends of both sides make the sheva brachos. It's not the parent's responsibility.

Quote:
besides I don't even want to make sheva brochos ... I'm already worn out

I hope you didn't say this to the chosson and kallah. What are they supposed to say after that? "Sorry, we really want sheva brachos."

I've agreed with most of your wedding posts, but I can't agree with this one.

nah I didn't say that ... if anything I am taking their cue - part of the not wanting any was because they didn't quite want to be the center of attention for an entire week & they' also anxious to get back to israel

also seems like they're changing their minds with a lot of things as time goes on ... some more realistic than others

I was more wondering whether or not parents themselves made one - and you've answered my query [plus what is wrong with me being exhausted ?]

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 5:46 am
Iymnok wrote:
We did that! In Cleveland too!
They had a porch with as gas bbq right of the kitchen/dining room. They kept bringing players in. Cutlets, hotdogs and burgers.
And an ice bucket with beers.

was it winter ? [do I know you Wink ]

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 6:28 am
In some OOT communities, parents don't do Shabbos at all, or at least totally by themselves. Committees of friends handle it, and other sheva brachos. If it's a very small sheva brachos, parents might do it but still with some help, or partially catered, hiring a waitress, etc. Depends.

myself

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 12:49 pm
IIRC you only require 3 sheva brachos, of course most people do 7 but it's totally not a must.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 1:54 pm
greenfire wrote:
was it winter ? [do I know you Wink ]

It was the summer, but could have worked in the winter. I know someone who sorries a path to the grill through the snow. Grills holding an umbrella.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics