Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
ISO Mold Free Bathroom Rug

INSPIREME

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 6:48 pm
The rug in my bathroom keeps on getting moldy even though I wash it. Does anyone know of a rug that does not have this problem? TIA

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 6:56 pm
The ones that are like a thick towel and not rubberized on bottom do better.

INSPIREME

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 6:59 pm
Do you have any link to such an item?

srbmom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 7:54 pm
I also have a towel rug. Its just a thick towel in the size of a rug. They sell them everywhere - Target, Walmart, Bed & Bath...
I wash mine every week and use vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser. I have had mine for years.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:05 pm
I use dish drying mats. We use a new one every day, and wash them once a week. They're about $1-2 each. I hated having a dirty rug in the bathroom.

INSPIREME

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:08 pm
Thanks for your help. I checked on Walmart.com, and Amazon.com and I am not able to find the thick towels mentioned here.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:15 pm
I've gotten at macys. They're usually sold matching a set but each piece sold individually. Haven't had luck finding in less expensive stores but should be good sales in next few weeks.

INSPIREME

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:26 pm
amother wrote:
I've gotten at macys. They're usually sold matching a set but each piece sold individually. Haven't had luck finding in less expensive stores but should be good sales in next few weeks.

Can you send me a link of what you are referring to? TIA

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 9:50 pm
http://m.hm.com/us/subdepartme.....items
Get a few and wash as often as you wash your towels.
I am sure you have seen these at hotels and at the mikvah. They are really just small, maybe slightly more absorbent towels meant to be used in place of bath mats. They are great.

INSPIREME

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:06 pm
OH - now I get it - Thanks for the link!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:21 pm
We got the Threshold brand at Target.

My issue with them is that they seem to retain the water for a long time. They still are wet a day later in some spots.
Is this a common issue that I just have to learn to deal with?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 10:34 pm
http://m.macys.com/shop/produc.....11400
Called tub mat.

momx6

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 11:02 pm
I use the towel Mat that has the rubberized bottom on it so that nobody falls. After everyone showers or takes a bath I put it over the sliding doors to dry. This way it doesn't get moldy. Also when I wash it and dry it and leave it in the dryer for a long time because it's so thick.

farm

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:08 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
We got the Threshold brand at Target.

My issue with them is that they seem to retain the water for a long time. They still are wet a day later in some spots.
Is this a common issue that I just have to learn to deal with?

Hang it over the shower door after each use and it should dry pretty quickly. It stays wet if you leave it on the floor.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 9:42 am
I don't have a shower door, but I hang it on the bath....maybe we need to wash it and dry it a few times.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 10:17 am
are you talking about tub mats or floor mats

floor mats you can buy in marshall's or tj maxx for about $6 - 9 ... thicker than towels but wash just like towels - usually cotton & reversible

tub mats - I have one similar to this bubble mat - the first one that lasted for a long long long time without getting moldy

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Main.....14144
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry