Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Boots help (don't mind the melodrama, lol)
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 8:10 am
The Totes were the ones I loved (weatherproof, great price, nice enough looks, and comfortable) but too small in 7 and MUCH too big in 8 Sad I was so disappointed I think I wasted an extra half hour in the store just trying on one and then the other, willing one to suddenly fit. But all that happened is I realized it was hopeless. The difference between the sizes was just so big.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 8:20 am
If it makes you feel any better, I used to have a pair of Totes, but had to get rid of them when they caused bodily harm to me Wink
(The zipper zipped my skin somehow, and I still have a scar. It was the model, not the brand, but maybe you tried on the same one Wink)

Barbara

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 8:24 am
The difference between, say, and size 8 and a 9 shoe should be 3/8". That doesn't seem enough that your foot would be scrunched in one, and swimming in another. Are you sure that the boxes were labeled correctly?

Anyway, I'd wait until Black Friday or so, and look at Timberlake or other boots like that.

seeker

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 9:29 am
I know, isn't that weird? Yes, I checked the sizes and even tried different pairs of the same sizes, they were all uniformly too big or too small. Instead of just being longer in the bigger size, they seemed bigger all around so they were falling off.

HY, that's awful! But all the ones I saw (several styles) had a lining inside the zipper so it seems highly unlikely to happen.

Butterfly

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 10:11 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I live in Ecco shoes! I must have at least 8 pairs of them. (Ebay is my friend. Very Happy ) I've been exclusively wearing Ecco and Naot for years now, because I have a bad back and very fussy feet.

Ecco comes in European sizes, so a US 8.5 is a size EU 39. http://www.ebay.com/sch/I.html.....cat=0

Of course, this is the wrong time of the year to be shopping for boots because you'll be paying full price. Plan ahead, and when you find some you like, buy an extra pair in the Spring when they go on clearance.

FF, do you know if Ecco shoes / boots also come in wide widths?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics