Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
She thinks she's so much better than me
Previous  1  2

grateful1

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 8:05 pm
When a person has his own self worth just by being a Jew, they will be o.k. With everyone around them. But unfortunately, when someone's self worth comes from "things or careers", then it might make them feel on a higher level then the other person.
Don't run after her, maybe it's time to move on...
Xoxo

ElTam

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 9:28 pm
Being a writer has nothing to do with this. As a writer and a person who edits and works with writers every day, there are lovely people in the profession, and there are jerks. Same goes for any job: doctor, lawyer, car mechanic, dishwasher.

I think a lot of it comes from how you feel about yourself. I deal with writers who if you saw their professional accomplishments both as writers and in other areas they have worked in, you would fall off a chair because they are so impressive. And they are super mentchlich. The ones who tend to be trouble are the ones who HAVEN'T accomplished so much, who don't feel confident in themselves and their achievements, so they put others down to build themselves up, or don't treat others with respect etc... But again, it doesn't have to do with the profession. Believe me, unless you are writing a best-seller every few years, writing doesn't pay so great. And the cachet of it continues to go down because there are so many more places to publish with all the online "magazines" and blogs and such.

So leave the profession aside and decide, is this a person I want in my life or no? And then act accordingly. Because she's not going to change if the magazine she writes for dumps her or goes out of business.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 3:00 am
Frumdoc wrote:
I am concerned that revealing the facts that she is a well known writer for a popular frum weekly magazine will bring people to speculate on who she is and lead to LH.

I know 3-4 well known writers of serialized stories in such magazines, none of whom could possibly be the person you are describing, but you have narrowed down the pool of who this unpleasantly behaving person is to such a narrow pool that someone is bound to recognise her.

Sorry that you have been treated badly, but this is v close to LH.

I know many more than 3-4 Writers, and every single one has kids.
I've edited it just on the safek that it's c"v revealing, I definitely don't want that!
Note that my editing is pointless if the person who reported me and quoted me doesn't edit her post.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 3:10 am
OP, you should look into yourself, and ask yourself why you are letting this person upset you so much. It sounds like you're allowing her to really intimidate you and make you feel insecure - and you're giving her permission to do that. She can't do it unless you agree to it!

Being a writer requires a lot of imagination. She is great at pretending and making up stories, so her personality not being consistent with her writing is not a surprise. I know a horror writer who writes the most blood curdling, terrifying stories you could imagine, and she's a total sweetheart! She's actually very shy and humble in real life. If you didn't know her, you'd think she was a psycho ax murderer.

You can't judge a book (or a weekly magazine article) by it's cover. So chin up, and take care of yourself. Focus on your job, your life, and be content with who you are!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics