Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Inviting 2 families for Shabbos, 1 has infant

cbh67

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 5:34 am
We are having a kiddush on Shabbos in honor of my daughter's bat mitzvah, and wanted to invite 2 families that do not live in our community. One family we already invited is a couple with a 8 month old. The other family is a couple with 4 kids. My question is am I required to host the family that I did not invite yet? Do I check with a neighbor to see if she can host them (only to sleep, we are taking care of meals)? The first family with the baby has told me that their daughter gets up in the middle of the night and usually cries. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 6:01 am
there's no problem in asking a friend/neighbor to host sleeping guests, provided that you ask your potential guest if they are alright with that

some people would never sleep by a stranger no matter how much they wish to participate in your simcha

or if you're up for a pajama party at your place - the more the merrier

Peanut2

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 6:37 am
I'm confused - what are the options here?

Can you find an empty house/apartment of a couple with a baby/young kids for the couple with the baby? That's the easiest, especially since they will have a crib/pack n play and will be pretty baby-proof and baby friendly. If not, empty house belonging to anyone? At 8 months not much damage can be done.

Do you live in an area where people have basements? Or are you asking if you can just not try to find them a place to sleep? So many variables here.

cbh67

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 4:24 pm
Thanks for your replies. We have decided not to host the large family as they have a special needs child, and are not able to join us. Thanks again for your imputs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics