Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Food stamps, medicaid and wic in lakewood
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 1:38 pm
I will need to apply. I never did there?does anyone know the addresses and phone numbers? which is the best office there?

amother

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 1:59 pm
You are moving to Lakewood to take handouts shock

Why not move somewhere where you can get a job and live like a mensh

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:

Can you please jump in a swamp and stay there? Thank you.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:

Ummm... Maybe she is moving for work or schooling?
Maybe she does qualify for all of these programs and currently has them in another state?
Maybe she is moving to Lakewood because they are unemployed and she has family there that can help her out, and she plans to seek employment opportunities there as well.
Your comment is out of line and abuse of amother, amother.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:07 pm
op- thaks everyone for supporting me. the nasty poster neh who cares what she says. anyone with info I would appreciate

amother

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:08 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
Ummm... Maybe she is moving for work or schooling?
Maybe she does qualify for all of these programs and currently has them in another state?
Maybe she is moving to Lakewood because they are unemployed and she has family there that can help her out, and she plans to seek employment opportunities there as well.
Your comment is out of line and abuse of amother, amother.

thank you

amother

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:54 pm
amother wrote:

op-lets go this route so your angry that I am going for handouts? new york city gives out more so why am I going to lakewood? hmmm good question

Barbara

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 3:04 pm
amother wrote:

She could be working full time at a minimum wage job, and still qualify for government assistance.

She could be sick, or disabled, or have a sick or disabled child.

Or maybe she's just fallen on hard times.

Please, Hashem, things will fall into place for her soon. But you will remain nasty.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 3:08 pm
You can call the Lakewood Resource and Referral Center aka LRRC at 732-942-9292. They should be able to assist.
Good luck!

amother

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 6:53 pm
GO to the Lrrc. The phones are always busy and it can get frustrating!! Go to the office and let one of the very helpful frum ladies assist you.
wic- 732 370 0122
call ASAP to make an appt. You get onto wic the day you apply assuming you bring in ALL the correct paperwork.
Hatzlacha!!!

amother

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 11:05 pm
Food stamps I believe you can apply online and it's effective as of the date you applied, even if it takes them some time to process your application. However, if you already have food stamps in another state it may not work.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:52 am
It's a new thing the whole Williamsburg is moving to Lakewood and bringing their programs with them. Cone lady told me they her HUD in Lakewood gives her a huge five bedroom house while in Williamsburg she lived in a home in the wall and she said all of her friends are following her.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 9:54 am
amother wrote:
It's a new thing the whole Williamsburg is moving to Lakewood and bringing their programs with them. Cone lady told me they her HUD in Lakewood gives her a huge five bedroom house while in Williamsburg she lived in a home in the wall and she said all of her friends are following her.

Interesting the waiting list for HUD is years in Lakewood and this family got it right away. I bet a lot of people would like to know her secret.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 10:01 am
She brought it with her she already had HUD. You are allowed to move and take HUD with you very legal.
Alot of Williamsburg is moving to Lakewood now. I just hope they respect Lakewood.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:23 am
[quote="amother"]She brought it with her she already had HUD. You are allowed to move and take HUD with you very legal.
Alot of Williamsburg is moving to Lakewood now. I just hope they respect Lakewood.[/quote]

you say you hope they respect lakewood. please no bashing. I am very serious about this question and want to do whats right. I sincerely want to hear what this entails. what do you mean by this?

I am planning to move to lakewood. and some of the lakewooders are treating me so not nicely even before I came. I never did anything to any of them and they dont know me. and are treating me in less then desirable ways even here on imamother. all I did was ask some questions about lakewood. its disgusting that people would judge others when they havent even given them a chance. I thought lakewooders are for torah. that doesnt sound in line with torah. okay I know I wont change the world. so I guess its bashert for me to get what I got. I wont be doing it back to the lakewooders tho. I will be acting like a mentch because thats what the torah tells you to do. thanks.

21young

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 12:09 pm
OP, it sounds like you really want to move with good intentions, so I'll explain to you what's bothering us. Ftr I grew up in BP and moved to Lakewood when I got married so I understand both sides of the coin.

First of all, housing prices. Lakewood housing was always very cheap, and although people were able to charge more nobody did. Now, with a huge influx of people, the prices are skyrocketing and Lakewooders are very scared that they will be priced out of their own town. To make matters worse, we are all on programs. The difference is that Lakewooders on programs live very simple lives. BP and Willy people on programs live much wealthier lives, while on programs, and they can afford to pay more for housing, so that's why people resent the programs. We feel powerless in the face of this.

Second, most Lakewood mothers work. Many of the BP and Willy mothers take the same programs but don't work, leading to more resentment. It's a just a different mindset, but it's not what we're used to.

Third, Lakewood is a beautiful town that is becoming more and more city-like. Yes, the conveniences are nice, but we love the beautiful nature of living in the suburbs. We are scared that you will change that and make this into a bustling city without any natural beauty.

Fourth, you are wonderful people, but many city people are a lot more rough and impatient. We are not used to that, and are scared of it.

Fifth, schools have very limited slots. We are already having a very hard time getting into schools, and with you coming there is even more competition for those limited slots. Personally, whenever I hear that a BP kid got in when there are Lkwd kids at home I get upset. It's just not fair.

So, please, tell all your friends who are moving here that we welcome you and hope you will like it here. There are some things you are powerless to change, but in any ways you can, please be considerate and conform to our town.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 12:56 pm
amother wrote:

As if half of the Jewish community in Lakewood isn't already on govt. assistance programs. What does it have to do with people from Williamsbourg?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:18 pm
21young-thanks for your honesty. I am coming because of the expensive and ridiculous lifestyle in brooklyn. I hate the luxuries and what not. and I also want a calmer lifestyle that is why I chose lakewood. pp that live in brooklyn hate the toughness and rudeness. the fact that alot of pp that come with programs and their not working why would that make a problem to lakewooders? everybody has a different life, and noone knows what goes on in someones life that makes them do what they are doing. I think we are all mature enough to understand that. that means that alot of lakewooders are jealous of the sahm?

and may I add that most pp moving to lakewood are the simple ones. including me. you wont be seeing me with a bugaboo any time soon.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
including me. you wont be seeing me with a bugaboo any time soon.
\

Unfortunately, these days it seems like if you don't have a bugaboo you don't fit in in Lakewood either.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:53 pm
I am fine with that too. theres enough in lakewood that dont.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating