Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Food stamps, medicaid and wic in lakewood
Previous  1  2

21young

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
21young-thanks for your honesty. I am coming because of the expensive and ridiculous lifestyle in brooklyn. I hate the luxuries and what not. and I also want a calmer lifestyle that is why I chose lakewood. pp that live in brooklyn hate the toughness and rudeness. the fact that alot of pp that come with programs and their not working why would that make a problem to lakewooders? everybody has a different life, and noone knows what goes on in someones life that makes them do what they are doing. I think we are all mature enough to understand that. that means that alot of lakewooders are jealous of the sahm?

and may I add that most pp moving to lakewood are the simple ones. including me. you wont be seeing me with a bugaboo any time soon.

It sounds like you're coming for all the right reasons, and we will welcome you. Lakewood is a wonderful place!
About the programs, you're right. Some things don't make sense. It's just that we're coming from different mindsets, and many people feel that it's wrong to accept programs if you're not trying to work. I don't want to get into it here, I'm just explaining part of the resentment. Also, it does affect us because you may have heard that we had major issues this year with busing and special ed funding, and if we have more non-tax payers who are on programs we may have more issues. But again, that's a subject for another day.
It's ok if you do have a bugaboo. I have one Very Happy . (My BP mother bought it for me.)

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:53 pm
Anyone is allowed to move wherever they want. Please stop with all of the comments. If you don't like how your neighborhood is turning out because of a mass exodus then move. Don't make other people feel bad. Neighborhoods do tend to change with time which can be both good and bad for those living there before. It can be frustrating, but don't take that out with rude remarks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating