Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How Often Do You Get Your Sheitel Washed?

RW

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 3:13 pm
I was just wondering what the norm was for someone who pretty much only wears their sheitel on shabbos and yom tov.

Scrabble123

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 3:16 pm
RW wrote:
I was just wondering what the norm was for someone who pretty much only wears their sheitel on shabbos and yom tov.

For a human hair shaitel worn Shabbos and Yom Tov every 3 months is ok or whenever you think it needs a washing.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 11:26 am
I wear daily and wash myself, when it needs. It doesn't quite need often.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 12:55 pm
Whenever I wash it myself

luppamom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:07 pm
Would depend on whose touching your shaitel and how often. My baby's new thing is she loves to grab my shaitel and she also likes to eat her hands... so her hands, which smell mildly of spit-up go into my shaitel. This hasn't been happening for so long, but I would assume I would need to wash it more often or take it off when she starts grabbing it.

BEFORE BABY:

I probably get mine washed 3-4 times a yr. but I don't wear my shaitel every Shabbos or every day of Yom Tov. But, then sometimes I go through a period of time when I need to wear my shaitel for a week straight, so it probably averages out to a similar amount of time. I paid someone to wash/set it. My logic is that if I do it so infrequently, let it look nice and let me not have to worry about it.

RW

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 3:45 pm
I read somewhere that going longer stretches of time without washing your sheitel actually prolongs the life of the sheitel. Is this true? That washing your sheitel too often can actually ruin it?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 7:58 am
RW wrote:
I read somewhere that going longer stretches of time without washing your sheitel actually prolongs the life of the sheitel. Is this true? That washing your sheitel too often can actually ruin it?

Yes.

MamaBear

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 8:10 am
Using brushes and heat tools also damages the hair and most sheitel machers style the wig with something, whether it's a hairdryer or curling iron or whatever. It doesn't damage it a lot but if you wash and set it frequently, that damage accumulates.

Beyla

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 8:15 am
I think I prefer to have my sheitel washed and brushed often, even if it implies it will last less. I hate the look of it after a rainy day or a long time without having it done.

Beyla

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 8:16 am
Ruchel wrote:
I wear daily and wash myself, when it needs. It doesn't quite need often.

How do you do it? Is it long?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels