Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Small business Saturday 2014. Which stores?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

MiniMom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:35 am
so last year we swiped couple cards at toys 4 u (wllmsbrg) & couple at our local grocers.. We have a lot more cards this year & I wanna get the most out of this promo.. Which stores will b open this year for SBS? In Brooklyn... Am I too early to ask this? I specifically wanna know if eichlers will b open & some other great stores..? Also, will eichlers give me an attitude if I have a lot of cards to swipe or they'll have patience with me? Did anyone swipe more than a few cards there at prev SBS??

Tia!

groisamomma

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:53 am
Did you actually buy anything or just swipe and get credit later? I've heard of people doing that. How is that legal?

MiniMom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:56 am
I got gift certificates at toys4u, we had couple hundred $ credit & didn't wanna waste'em all at once & for them it was easier too cuz it was overcrowded at that time.. About the grocer credits, good question... Guess they don't record what u buy.. As long as they'll get ur money they're fine...

ces

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:59 am
why shouldn't it be legal to buy a gift certificate, or a credit for future use? If you read the terms and conditions, that is not excluded.

OP, I'm curious how many cards you have...?

MiniMom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 3:03 am
Ces, btwn 35-45 cards. Of course, mainly additionals. Will b sure of the amount once we register them hopefully tomorrow..

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 3:07 am
I don't live in NY. What are these cards? And what is SBS????

JAWSCIENCE

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 9:05 am
would love to hear as well if any stores have said they will open.

any grocery stores in Brooklyn opening for this and giving gift cards?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 10:11 am
All the Lakewood stores are opening. Restaurants in Lakewood lady year said if buy buy a gift card then they will give you an extra $5 in the gift card. Every store tried to maximize and get you to shop by them.

Clothing stores promised of. Uh spend $50 take $25 off.

yaeli83

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 10:29 am
Would also like to find out mire about what this is. I tried googling it, but im still not clear.

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 10:32 am
groisamomma wrote:
Did you actually buy anything or just swipe and get credit later? I've heard of people doing that. How is that legal?

you can buy a gift card.

busydev

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 12:41 pm
for anyone who wants to use it for maaser- most (small?) non profits will also swipe your card (over the phone too so if you cant get out....) for $25 and get $25 . so you double your donation....

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:25 pm
details please?
And how does any individual have 35 cards Confused

MiniMom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:32 pm
It seems complicated for someone who isn't in the field or someone who has only the basic cards with no additionals.. It's actually fairly easy if ur into it a lot. U just order additionals for everyone in the Fam.. & all this add'l cards r eligible for the promo.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:00 pm
http://kollelbudget.com/regist.....card/

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 3:45 pm
busydev wrote:
for anyone who wants to use it for maaser- most (small?) non profits will also swipe your card (over the phone too so if you cant get out....) for $25 and get $25 . so you double your donation....

see, this is unethical. It is not meant for non-profits. it's meant for small businesses. what shtick do they pull? you cant be a non-profit and a small business (for profit). I refuse to do something like this. speaking of honesty and not committing fraudulent practices...

kb

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 4:06 pm
octopus wrote:
see, this is unethical. It is not meant for non-profits. it's meant for small businesses. what shtick do they pull? you cant be a non-profit and a small business (for profit). I refuse to do something like this. speaking of honesty and not committing fraudulent practices...

I'm not so sure that it's unethical. It's definitely something to think about, but I know of many yeshivos that do it, and at least some of them have very very straight administrations, and would not be doing it if it was unethically.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 5:00 pm
Some of these non profits called amex and specifically asked whether they can participate, and they were told yes. So it seems that amex isn't always very makpid on the official rules.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 7:21 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Some of these non profits called amex and specifically asked whether they can participate, and they were told yes. So it seems that amex isn't always very makpid on the official rules.

Can you tell me an organization that called Amex. I will call Amex myself to and see what they say?

kb

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 7:31 pm
Call and ask - can a not-for-profit take advantage of SBS for donations - and see what they say! You don't need to name a specific organization.

wtvr

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 10:58 pm
I have a non-profit, and our organization is NOT eligible. Perhaps some Yeshivas/organizations are not registered as non-profits with Amex, and therefore can participate. If you check the SBS map, there definitely are some on there.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics