Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Halochas and insight on the wedding of a second marriage

checkb4

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 5:45 pm
anyone can help me find a book that can explain to me second marriage differences in the wedding ceremony

Frumdoc

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 6:23 pm
Best to ask someone who has learned it, there are a few books that mention some differences, but my experience with a friend recently was that the halachot vary considerably depending on certain different circumstances, such as the presence or absence of children, what happened in the first marriages/ how they ended (divorce/ widow/ other) and the various minhagim/ halachot that we thought we knew were actually machlokes rishonim (such as number of sheva brachos allowed) and two of the 4 rabbonim who investigated it for us said how much more complex it was than they had remembered from learning it previously, and what interesting halachot they were to learn.

I didn't find any English books that properly discussed it, although I did look. The jewish way inlove and marriage by Maurice Lamm and Aryeh Kaplans book, "Made in Heaven" mention some interesting bits, but nothing too comprehensive. They are both very interesting books to read, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics