Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Magen Tzitzit - Fringe Guard Laundry Protector

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 7:08 pm
Does anyone have this? Does it really work?

http://www.judaicaplace.com/st.....tzit/

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 7:29 pm
What an interesting idea. There's a short review on your link as well as one on Amazon, they both say Fringe Guard works. I'd also love to hear if anyone here has actual experience with it.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 7:31 pm
People say that it does. However, considering the quantity of tzitzit that I wash, I'm not buying them too soon at that price.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 8:53 pm
my brother brought that back for me from Israel, but I have yet to try it (oh yes, please ask me how often dh's tzitzis get washed... LOL embarrassed )

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 10:30 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
People say that it does. However, considering the quantity of tzitzit that I wash, I'm not buying them too soon at that price.

How do you wash tzitiz without tangling the strings?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 10:33 pm
amother wrote:
How do you wash tzitiz without tangling the strings?

Tie them in a knot at the end. Untie when you take out of the washer. It probably isn't any more time consuming than this gadget Smile

ETA but really... Did you have to be amother for that?

mommyla

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 10:44 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Tie them in a knot at the end. Untie when you take out of the washer. It probably isn't any more time consuming than this gadget Smile

OMG DUH! That is the best idea! Can't believe I never thought of it, simple yet genius. I buy the undershirt tzitzis so I tuck the strings into the little pockets, but they still get tangled. Thank you for the new strategy!

chanee

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 11:01 pm
I use it. It works very well but I never get all tzitzes ends inside so it doesn't stick out that cover. It works great for not tangling up your tzitzes but dunno how the ends can keep unraveling. In some way I find the wrapped in a sock idea better. You can do both.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 11:42 pm
Wrapped in a sock?
How do you make sure the sock stays on? Sounds like an interesting idea....

Learning

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 12:11 am
I fold the strings and tie with a rubber band.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 3:19 am
Do y you wash wool tzitzis the same way as cotton?

kalsee

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 3:32 am
I bought it. I don't find that it has enough room inside to loop the tzitzis around all the way. I can't usually get the cover on.

frayda

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 9:55 am
Bought it here in Israel, and it worked great! Can't believe it's double the price in the states though... I paid 24 shekels for it.

yo

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:57 am
As far as I know it only works for cotton, it's not meant to be use with wool tzitzis ( I was told that in the store). Since my dh wears wool I put the tzitzis inside socks and tie a knot on the sock with them inside .

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 3:17 pm
I bought it here in the US. The strings did fit inside, but it was a struggle to get them all in. However, they were so crowded in the holder that the strings did not get at all cleaner-just as black as when I put them in the wash. The beged itself did get clean.

BTW-I once tried knotting the strings before washing, and was not able to get the knot out! Never went that route again!

chanee

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 4:22 pm
amother wrote:
Wrapped in a sock?
How do you make sure the sock stays on? Sounds like an interesting idea....

I wrap a rubber band over the sock opening over all tzitzes inside.

myself

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 4:43 pm
I pull them into 40 denier knee high's so it's thin enough to get a proper clean and transparent enough for me to see what I'm doing, it's also long enough for me to pull the strings in so they're not in a jumble. Once pulled through I knot the end. Really easy to unknot after it's been washed.

StripedFlower

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 9:04 pm
How on earth do you get a full pair of tzitzis into a sock?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry