Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
American express credit card with no annual fee?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 8:22 pm
Does this exist? Can I get an AMEX card with no annual fee and no hidden charges?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 8:25 pm
The everyday card has no annual fee. I don't know what you mean by hidden charges- do you not plan on paying off your bills?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 8:38 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
The everyday card has no annual fee. I don't know what you mean by hidden charges- do you not plan on paying off your bills?

An example of a hidden charge is if they charge you a fee if you dont use the card for a full month. I just made up the example, I hope no credit card really does this. I just wanted to make sure there are no hidden fees in the fine print. Like when a bank charges $100/ month if you dont keep $1000 in your account. I call that a hidden charge.
B"H we pay our bills in full each month.

We are happy with our current credit cards. The main reason I want an AMEX is for small business Saturday.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 8:40 pm
OK, I wouldn't call that hidden, since banks are known to do that Smile. But certainly read before signing up. I don't actually have this card, but I'm sure you can find all the info on Google.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 8:42 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
OK, I wouldn't call that hidden, since banks are known to do that Smile. But certainly read before signing up. I don't actually have this card, but I'm sure you can find all the info on Google.

Do you think it pays to get a another credit card just to use once a year for the small business Saturday?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 8:53 pm
No, definitely not. If you want to maximize your credit card use you should read through Dan's deals forums and learn more about different cards and what they offer. See what would work best for your lifestyle. It may be an amex, or not, but the savings would be pretty minimal compared to other offers.

momX4

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 8:57 pm
Read dans deals about adding authorized users to your account.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics