Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Nanny camera help

imamom7

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 9:10 am
I'm getting a babysitter in my house so I'm trying to find out about different nanny cams, watching in with phone/ recording- please tell me what you have and pros and cons. I'd rather not spend a ton. Thank you for your help!

bpgirl

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:58 am
Looking too

sayinghi

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 11:49 am
Following

solo

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 11:58 am
I have drop cams throughout the house. They're not hidden. So no surprises for the nanny. But let's me know what's going on whenever I want.

imamom7

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 12:05 pm
Thanks for replying! So how does it work with the drop cam? Is it difficult to install? Do you record or just check in on your phone? How's the quality? Do you hear or only see?

solo

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 12:15 pm
U can place the cam on a surface or hang them up. They need to be plugged into an outlet. U can check in from ur phone or computer. And have the option of recording for a small monthly fee the picture is quite clear. The night vision is a little less clear. There is sound. And u can talk back as well.
I'm sure there are lots of utube reviews

imamom7

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 1:20 pm
Thank you! Do you record it or just check in? I'm nervous that if the nanny knows where they are- she would avoid them...

nyer1

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 1:38 pm
just some food for thought:
ask the babysitter for permission to record. if they have nothing to hide, they will agree to it. just explain you like to know what goes on in the house when you aren't home. place them in each room so that the sitter can't avoid them even if she tried. I once heard there are laws against recording someone without their permission, even for these purposes.

another point to consider…not to start controversy, but generally inquiring... why are you hiring someone that you don't trust and that you need to see on camera?

imamom7

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 8:10 pm
I got great references but I have a baby who can't tell me anything- I was planning on telling her.

farm

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 12:23 am
We went with the dropcam too. Pros: a snap to install, can log on at work and see everything. Cons: not hidden/secret. That wasn't an issue for us since I told the babysitter we were watching.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics