Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Please help my choc cake !!!!

zoom

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 11:26 am
I just made a choc cake w a glaze but now that iv cut a slice out I think it is a bit underdone. can I put it bak in the oven with the glaze on for a bit??? what will happen? thanx in advance

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 11:42 am
Tell everyone that they are really moist brownies. No one will know the difference. Wink

If it's a powdered sugar glaze, you should be able to re-bake the cake. (Autocorrect says "rebuke" the cake!) Make sure that you cover the top with foil so that the glaze doesn't burn.

If the pan is microwavable, then that is a super easy fix, just zap it for a few minutes.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 8:12 pm
the cake probably won't rise anymore once it's out of the oven ... but if you do the sugar glaze will melt into the cake - no biggie you can glaze it again

2gether

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 12:49 pm
if it flops make rumballs

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 1:01 pm
2gether wrote:
if it flops make rumballs

great idea & then send me some Drunken Smile

imasoftov

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 3:12 pm
Tell people it's a recipe for an extra-moist cake. Or put in in the fridge for a while and see if it gets more solid.

agreer

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 3:21 pm
if it's just a slightly bit moist, it sounds like it will be deelicious! I wouldn't do anything! just eat and enjoy!

if it's liquidy, yes, put it back.

zoom

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 4:02 pm
hey!! thanx e1 for ur tips!! act my husb had made the cake LOL and turns out he wanted to try s.t new he found online- the cake had mayo I it..thats y it was so moist! it was act really really good. and no worries about eating raw eggs cos its pasteurised..
he put the cake in th oven and went out and left me to watch it...he never told me it had mayo in until I ate it!1 that's y I wasn't sure y it was so moist Very Happy

Volunteer

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:37 pm
There is actually a cake like this called Texas sheet cake. You bake a regular chocolate cake batter in a wide pan to make a thin cake, then you add a chocolate frosting, which melts and bakes into the cake. The result is like a cakey brownie.

Cooks' Illustrated Texas Sheet Cake
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins