Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Work at home opportunities

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 9:55 am
My husband is the only one working and I've been a stay at home mom for 4 years. I'm expecting another child and so I can't go back to work now. We really need extra income and the only way I could help is if I find a stay at home job. I'm not sure how many hours I could do a week since I have two toddlers to take care of, but I'd try my best. Any good secretarial work at home jobs? or anything with nutrition? I'm not an RD but I have a BS in Nutrition and worked at a hospital before I had my kids. Any good websites I could find work at home jobs?

SplitPea

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:05 am
amother wrote:
My husband is the only one working and I've been a stay at home mom for 4 years. I'm expecting another child and so I can't go back to work now. We really need extra income and the only way I could help is if I find a stay at home job. I'm not sure how many hours I could do a week since I have two toddlers to take care of, but I'd try my best. Any good secretarial work at home jobs? or anything with nutrition? I'm not an RD but I have a BS in Nutrition and worked at a hospital before I had my kids. Any good websites I could find work at home jobs?

One thing to remember that even work at home jobs are still WORK. Most need a babysitter during work hours. So many people think they are going to get a work from home job to not pay child care. You still pay child care. You just don't pay extra for the commute.

Amazon is hiring, 1800 flowers is hiring and a few other online companies are BUT they typically require a quiet place to make phone calls free of noise.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:24 am
if you're interested in sales I have 2 diff sales opportunities. PM me if you'd like to set up a phone chat. You could decide to work in the evenings after the kids are in bed. Or you could have clients over during the day while you hold the baby and have a special activity prepared for the toddlers. It can be done! Some of my best career years where when my twins were babies/toddlers.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:26 am
SplitPea wrote:
One thing to remember that even work at home jobs are still WORK. Most need a babysitter during work hours. So many people think they are going to get a work from home job to not pay child care. You still pay child care. You just don't pay extra for the commute.

Amazon is hiring, 1800 flowers is hiring and a few other online companies are BUT they typically require a quiet place to make phone calls free of noise.

where can I find out about amazon, 1800 flowers? are these sales positions? do u know around how much they pay?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:45 am
amother wrote:
where can I find out about amazon, 1800 flowers? are these sales positions? do u know around how much they pay?

split pea ...please tell me how I can work for amazon or 1800 flowers! I am home and kids are out at school. I would love this! Should I PM you?

SplitPea

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:50 am
I am on a work at home form. It was posted yesterday that both are hiring.
I don't have more info. I would suggest googling.

Many companies hire at home phone representatives especially this time of year. I know you guys are asking for a link as to where to apply but honestly (wow this sounds rude) to be able to handle an online job you will need to be good enough with google/Internet skills to find it Smile

It's a really tough market out there. Good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 11:29 am
um, yeah ... you are a bit rude. Nothing wrong with helping out. Since the internet is so vast I might search and find something different from your search.

For those wondering - here are the results from my search. Hope it helps!
http://workathomemoms.about.co.....k.htm

scrltfr

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 11:43 am
amother wrote:
um, yeah ... you are a bit rude. Nothing wrong with helping out. Since the internet is so vast I might search and find something different from your search.

For those wondering - here are the results from my search. Hope it helps!
http://workathomemoms.about.co.....k.htm

Why are you amother?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 12:07 pm
OP here.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Are there any jobs out there that don't require any phone sales? I'm not really looking so much into phone sales. The only time I'd be able to make phone calls is when my toddler takes a nap and at night. I can't call when my toddler is awake and noisy.
What about any database jobs? is there anything I could do online and not so much on the phone?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:44 am
you could look on sites like freelancer.com and elance.com for work at home work.

depending on what you can do, you can look in different categories, such as data entry, writing, translating, graphics design, programming, engineering, and check the other options.

you could also look at fiverr.com which typically has small things that pay $4 each, but if you do a lot it could add up.

mra01385

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 6:56 pm
To all those that said Amazon.com and 1800flowers is now is hiring. I checked it out on their websites, and Amazon and 1800 flowers are only hiring temporary seasonal workers, and Amazon is only hiring people who live in WA, AZ or OR.

Here is Amazon's link to the info:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=am.....rview

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 7:14 pm
OP,
can you advertise yourself as a personal nutritionist? Maybe get some private clients, who will meet with you in your home? You could even skype your clients or use the computer for consultation.

You can advertise in your towns pennysaver, shul newsletters, pta calendars for a low fee. Charge $60 dollars per hour session....

Im not in this line of work, but I am a music teacher and give private lessons. They really do add up!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers