Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Paci Clip

luppamom

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 2:12 pm
I am not such a fan of pacifiers. I don't like the dependence and I don't like the idea of needing something to calm the baby down. But, after having a baby that really calms down and sleeps with the pacifier, I slightly changed my opinion. Now I am wondering if I should get a clip. My baby is only 4 mos. so the pacifier doesn't usually get lost. It usually just falls on the floor and gets dirty necessitating washing (I gave up sterilizing every time).
The benefit of the clip is that the pacifier will stay clean(er). BUT, I am afraid that if she has it clipped to her, the babysitter and I will just give it to her and not address what is really bothering her. I feel like if you see a pacifier on a baby, you automatically think pacifier and not, "what's bothering baby". I really only want her to take the pacifier when she's tired or just needs to suck. What do you think?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 2:35 pm
So just clip it on when you want and unclip it when you don't.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 2:37 pm
If that is how you feel, then don't get a pacifier clip. It's not a must. You can also remove the pacifier once she falls asleep if you don't like it sitting in her mouth.

Miri7

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 3:13 pm
I have similar feelings about the pacifier. My baby does like to use it infrequently. Someone gave us a wubbanub which I thought was ridiculous but have grown to love. It's a pacifier attached to a little stuffed giraffe. DD loves to hold the stuffy, the stuffy weighs the paci down so it doesn't go flying, and enables her to get the paci back in her mouth.

I think she gets a lot of comfort just stroking the stuffy, often is happy evn when the paci isn't in her mouth.

See it here:

http://www.allstarchild.com/wu.....00000

luppamom

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 3:24 pm
TY! Yes, I could s/t take the clip off, but I don't really want to invest $ (I live in Israel- these types of things are not so cheap) in s/t that I will hardly use. I am also afraid to buy a cheap one since I got 2 Carter's ones as presents but the clip is not strong enough for the paci and they don't really work. I need to take a stand on this, so I want opinions/ideas.

Miri7 that's really cute! How old is your baby? I feel like my baby (4 mos.) is still too young to figure out how to put the paci back in unless it's really easy. She used to have a paci w/ a handle that she loved to pull out and then try to put back in unsuccessfully. Now, I switched to a paci w/o a handle so I don't have to keep putting the paci back in when I put her to bed.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 3:27 pm
The booginhead brand is around $5 and works great, and is available all over the US if you can get someone to send one to you. Not a major investment.

luppamom

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 3:35 pm
thanks for the lead! getting stuff here is a little bit complicated, but I am not in such a rush. while I am at it, anyone have good Israeli brands to recommend that would fit w/ a MAM pacifier bought in America?

pickle321

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 4:00 pm
I say go without it. Just have a lot of pacifiers on hand in case one gets dirty or lost. Also they can be dangerous.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 4:09 pm
I love them. As long as my kids have pacies, they have clips. And I'm talking toddlers, at night or in the car.If not I would need to buy stock in mam.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 4:58 pm
I didnt get my son a pacifier clip until after I flew with him when he was 9 months and every time the pacifier fell I had to ask the lady behind me for it.... Rest assured I did not fly again without a clip. And I cant believe I didn't buy it sooner!! I love it!

Btw we bought a mam clip in the pharmacy in shefa. It was over 30 shekel, but worth every bit of it. Yes in america you can get the same thing for a couple bucks... So if you're in no rush, might as well have someone bring it from america.

They also make something called a mam adapter - which makes you able to use any pacifier clip on the mam pacifier. I'm not sure where to buy it, maybe shefa pharmacy has it.

Rainbows613

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 5:16 pm
I went without a paci clip for the first 5 months and I now love it! Much easier with it-I got mine from chasdei shmuel.. I don't think you give a paci instead of addressing the problem..

cl

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 5:37 am
Miri7:
That hubba nub looks like a great idea but can u attach any paci to it or only that one?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 6:37 am
There are such adorable paci clips/ribbons.
My dh made some from ribbons of gifts with brands on it (like the C of Chanel). Unfortunately (?) it seems I have the pattern that my kids don't take a paci anymore... LOL

luppamom

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 7:41 am
Smile1234 wrote:
I didnt get my son a pacifier clip until after I flew with him when he was 9 months and every time the pacifier fell I had to ask the lady behind me for it.... Rest assured I did not fly again without a clip. And I cant believe I didn't buy it sooner!! I love it!

Btw we bought a mam clip in the pharmacy in shefa. It was over 30 shekel, but worth every bit of it. Yes in america you can get the same thing for a couple bucks... So if you're in no rush, might as well have someone bring it from america.

They also make something called a mam adapter - which makes you able to use any pacifier clip on the mam pacifier. I'm not sure where to buy it, maybe shefa pharmacy has it.

Just as an FYI, in the end, I bought the MAM paci adapter. It looked like it was manufactured in England but it fits my MAM paci from America. In the end, I am not using it so much especially since the baby loves grabbing the string making the paci come out of her mouth... then crying Sad But, I still think that I am happy I bought it even though it was like 35-40 shekel (can't remember exactly) as it will be good for traveling (and times when we can't just wash off the paci).

Happy18

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 7:56 am
cl wrote:
Miri7:
That hubba nub looks like a great idea but can u attach any paci to it or only that one?

The one that comes with it is sewn in tightly. I think there are other versions from another brand that you can use your own pacifier with. We started with the soothies and thats what the wubbanub uses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics