Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Matching Mother Daughter Outfits
1  2  Next

newmom1987

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 6:06 pm
Cute or tacky?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 6:08 pm
Coordinating colors might be cute, but matching (as in same?) is not cute

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 6:12 pm
Tacky except on Purim or if you're a vaudeville act.
And I'm not entirely sure about Purim.

Last edited by zaq on Mon, Nov 17 2014, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Miri7

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 6:27 pm
Tacky IMHO

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 7:37 pm
I once did it ... even sewed them myself ... I guess I was tacky - sort of like 80's hair

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 7:46 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Coordinating colors might be cute, but matching (as in same?) is not cute

And I would go so far as to say, coordinating colors might be cute, but only if it was by coincidence, or really not often

agreer

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 8:13 pm
Also, it depends on ages.

22 and 6 month old - adorable (IMO)

42 and 22 - weird

95 and 73 - back to adorable, halevai everyone should have their mothers alive and healthy enough to wear matching clothing at that age!

Disclaimer: I am VERY close to my mother. We have coordinated outfits on numerous occasion, but never matched completely. I, however, hope to have a baby girl in the future and while she's still a baby, have an outfit that matches mine. I love the idea.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:05 pm
tacky

celesteno

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:14 pm
I think its cute, if the daughter is under 4 or 5. And it doesn't need to be the same only coordinating. I like the look (and am guilty of doing it more than once Very Happy )

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:28 pm
My daughter loves to dress like me. If I own something and she sees something similar, she wants it. We have similar tastes anyway. She wears clear glasses sometimes and matches my prescription glasses. She wears similar jewelry to mine. Her hair is cut like my sheital. My sheital macher cut her hair so it wasn't done on purpose at least by us. My daughter is dramatic and likes the attention.

She is a popular, well adjusted child.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:46 pm
If the daughter is a preteen or teen the mom will generally look like she's tying too hard. I agree with a baby and mommy it can potentially be cute.

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:
My daughter loves to dress like me. If I own something and she sees something similar, she wants it. We have similar tastes anyway. She wears clear glasses sometimes and matches my prescription glasses. She wears similar jewelry to mine. Her hair is cut like my sheital. My sheital macher cut her hair so it wasn't done on purpose at least by us. My daughter is dramatic and likes the attention.

Just out of interest, how old are you both that your daughter has similar taste in clothes/ style to you?

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:19 pm
amother wrote:

Nobody said dressing alike would result in an unpopular and emotionally warped dd, so you can deactivate your force-shields. We just said it was tacky. Dolly Parton is about as tacky as a woman can get, fashion-wise, and she still has millions of fans. Some of us even respect her as a human being who triumphed over adversity and gives much to help those in need--but we do not respect her fashion taste.

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:26 pm
now I'm remembering I even made a similar matching outfit for sonny boy ~ gosharuni

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:28 pm
Frumdoc wrote:
Just out of interest, how old are you both that your daughter has similar taste in clothes/ style to you?

My daughter is a teenager. Not all our clothes match. What does match is classic understated non trendy styles.

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:29 pm
wait a minute - doesn't everybody just wear black ... you're already coordinated

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:44 pm
amother wrote:
My daughter is a teenager. Not all our clothes match. What does match is classic understated non trendy styles.

Lovely, so you have transmitted your good taste in clothes to her, rather than her deliberately matching your outfits so you look like a pair aka little matched siblings in identikit dresses? Is that right? Kol hakavod :-D

Shoelover

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 7:26 pm
I sometimes match my son! Lol he's 2 and a half and I totally color coordinate w him I love it. He's gonna hate me when he's older Yes Very Happy Very Happy

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 7:34 pm
Tacky! It is ok if you're taking a trip and want everyone to be easily recognizable! Having a similiar style preference and matching are two different things!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 7:43 pm
Why stop there? How about multigenerational?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics