Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tips to look healthier and younger
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 2:33 pm
There was time when I could skip several nights of sleep and still look good in the morning. This time is over. Now I have wrinkles, racoon eyes and look older than I am. What can I do to look better? Sleeping more is unfortunately not an option for now, neither is buying a new wardrobe to replace my very old clothing. Would makeup help, for example?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 2:36 pm
1. drink a lot of water. this really helps.

2. concealer for undereye circles. use a creamy one with a yellowish base.

3. no more powder, use only creams. cream foundation, cream blush.

4. lighter eyeshadow, and brown eyeliner instead of black. mascara, of course.

5. pink-based lipstick, no brown based. blot it to make it more youthful.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 3:48 pm
The best (and maybe the only) way to look healthy is... to be healthy!

That means, no skipping nights of sleep. Drink lots of water. Eat healthy. Exercise. Take time for yourself. Smile and laugh. Engage in spiritual/medidating activities (davening or yoga etc).

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 3:54 pm
Lie on the floor in an unused conference room for fifteen minutes. Close your eyes. Even this tiny bit of rest, not sleep, will do you a world of good.

Take your vitamins daily. Try to pause in the sunshine when waiting to cross the street.

Don't be indoors all day. Run out for a minute to get something near the middle of the day.

Drink water, drink water, with a little bottled lemon juice in it.

Put a little blush around your eyes. No, it won't give you red eyes, it will look more awake.

Don't go near eye drops. Just say no.

Make sure your shoes are very comfortable.

Simple1

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:40 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Lie on the floor in an unused conference room for fifteen minutes. Close your eyes. Even this tiny bit of rest, not sleep, will do you a world of good.

Take your vitamins daily. Try to pause in the sunshine when waiting to cross the street.

Don't be indoors all day. Run out for a minute to get something near the middle of the day.

Drink water, drink water, with a little bottled lemon juice in it.

Put a little blush around your eyes. No, it won't give you red eyes, it will look more awake.

Don't go near eye drops. Just say no.

Make sure your shoes are very comfortable.

What kind of eye drops are you referring to? I use eye drops for dry eye.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:45 pm
Moisturize (I always feel better about myself after using cocoa butter regularly) and Sun Screen

Simple1 wrote:

I have no idea. But someone once told me that when you pull down on your bottom eye lid when putting in eye drops you create wrinkles. They said the same about putting on eye liner.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:47 pm
amother wrote:
There was time when I could skip several nights of sleep and still look good in the morning. This time is over. Now I have wrinkles, racoon eyes and look older than I am. What can I do to look better? Sleeping more is unfortunately not an option for now, neither is buying a new wardrobe to replace my very old clothing. Would makeup help, for example?

Do nothing and enjoy being yourself. It works much better than eye cream/make up and all that jazz.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:50 pm
OP here. Thank you everybody for all those tips.
Simple1 wrote:

I understood Dolly Welsh's tip as precisely referring to drops for dry eyes. What else could it be? Maybe there is a common practice that we don't know about regarding the use of eye drops. Anyway, I use eye drops for a severe medical condition and they make my eyes red, but I don't think there is much I can do about that.

yamz

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:52 pm
Make sure to use moisturizer every day.

If you look happy, you'll look younger too. Lots of (though certainly not all) middle-aged women look like they sucked on a lemon.

Sometimes black is too harsh for maturing skin. Richly colored tops may look better.

Do not wear bulky sneakers.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:06 pm
Eye drops recommended by an eye doctor are fine. I was talking about the get-the-red-out drops that people used to use, just for appearance. My eye doctor hates them.

I didn't mean therapeutic ones that you are using for dry eye.

There are sponge-on cream skin makeups in a compact that do a lot of good and are easy. In general you are going to need a mild friendly powder blush with that, or you will look to monochrome. This kind of thing goes on in a second and can indeed perk a woman up.

Moisturizer, sure.

I swear by castor oil on the skin. Patch test first.

It is very individual what works for you.

A lemon or lavender scent might wake a woman up, too.

Five minutes here and there at a desk, with your head resting down on your crossed arms, helps too. With eyes closed. Very calming.

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:30 pm
Simple1 wrote:

Drops to "get the red out" often rebound and make your eyes more bloodshot than before, exactly the way overusing nasal decongestants causes rebound that clogs you up even more. Artificial tears for dry eye are fine, but try blinking more often as well. Insufficient blinking contributes to dry eye.

But I'm surprised no one stated the single cheapest, easiest and quickest thing anyone can do to look better, instantly:

S.M.I.L.E.

It won't whiten your eyes or erase fine lines but it WILL give your looks an instant lift, guaranteed. and there is evidence that the physical act of smiling stimulates brain chemicals that reduce stress and make your body respond as it does to genuine happiness.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 8:00 pm
Exercise or take a brisk walk several times a week.
Learn something new — exercise your brain and it will show on your body!
Lose a few pounds if you're at all overweight.
See the good in those around you — think happy thoughts.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 8:14 pm
What's a good under eye concealer that's creamy for a woman in her 30s starting to get wrinkles and dark shadows?

black sheep

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 8:20 pm
yamz wrote:
Make sure to use moisturizer every day.

If you look happy, you'll look younger too. Lots of (though certainly not all) middle-aged women look like they sucked on a lemon.

Sometimes black is too harsh for maturing skin. Richly colored tops may look better.

Do not wear bulky sneakers.

how on earth did this post get 3 likes? I wish there was a dislike button.

lifeswonderful

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:

Are you the type of person who is interested in taking the most important steps of skin care like cleansing, moisturizing and putting on creams for aging? If yes pm me I have something great for you! People who use it feel the difference right away and with time your wrinkles all over your face including the delicate eye area lightens and your skin tone evens out! You'll feel younger hopefully and look younger too! Definitely pays to try. Pm me for details

agreer

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 9:29 pm
black sheep wrote:
how on earth did this post get 3 likes? I wish there was a dislike button.

I think yamz was referring to the fact that a sour expression ages someone much more than wrinkles.

I thought her post was eloquent and full of imagery - you go, yamz!

Simple1

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 9:41 pm
Thanks for clarifying about the eye drops. I use artificial tears recommended by the eye doctor, not the one for red eyes. And I don't push the lid, I look up and drop it in.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 9:46 pm
The best concealer cle de peau very pricey can be bought in Neimans or Saks buy a drop darker than ur skin color so it's not so obvious very worth it lasts a long time. Tried many its really the best

lovely1

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:19 pm
What's a good Moisturizer?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:30 pm
Channel moisturizer excellent they have different strengths according to your age-buy the serum then the moisturizer. Use only a finger tip lasts very long. real hi quality
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics