Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Somewhere indoors for adults...

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:23 pm
....in Lakewood or vicinity? That would be open on Thanksgiving for me and my husband to go on a date when he has off from work?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:39 pm
Thanksgiving I find tough.

We used to drive to hershey park every year on Thanksgiving (3 hours each way). It opens at 5:00 so we would leave Lakewood at about 1:30 and stay until closing, and have a picnic supper in Chocolate World. Only about 1/4 of the rides are open, mostly kiddy rides, and the chocolate ride, but we have an amazing time every year.

Now my kids have school on thanksgiving so we try to go on a Sunday in the winter or chanuka vacation. We have been going since our youngest was a few months old and haven't missed a winter yet.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:50 pm
amother wrote:
Thanksgiving I find tough.

We used to drive to hershey park every on Thanksgiving (3 hours each way). It opens at 5:00 so we would leave Lakeabout 1:30 and stay until closing, and have a picnic supper in Chocolate World. Only about 1/4 of the rides are open, mostly kiddy rides, and the chocolate ride, but we have an amazing time every year.

Now my kids have school on thanksgiving so we try to go on a Sunday in the winter or chanuka vacation. We have been going since our y
oungest was a few months old and haven't missed a winter yet.

This sounds really tempting and original but due to my kids' school schedules I need something nearer than 3 hours away. But thank you!
Anyone have any other ideas?

sky

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:53 pm
Go out for lunch
Find out if any bowling alleys or indoor ice skating (or even outdoor ice skating - there is a great place about an hour away) or Jenkins arcades is open.

The problem is a lot of things are closed thanksgiving which makes any sort of outing difficult.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:55 pm
sky wrote:
Go out for lunch
Find out if any bowling alleys or indoor ice skating (or even outdoor ice skating - there is a great place about an hour away) or Jenkins arcades is open.

The problem is a lot of things are closed thanksgiving which makes sort of outing difficult.

I know. Bummer.
But these ideas sound like a good starting point. Thank you!

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:58 pm
I Play America -check if it is open
www.iplayamerica.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics