Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What is wrong with my baby?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 3:51 pm
she eats in an interesting way. I will make her a bottle. shes 6 months old. she will eat a little, about an ounce and stop and do this till she finishes. she stops for anything, like if she wants to see something. and I try all the time to put the bottle back in. she will not. only on her own. she is gaining very nicely though. but it comes out that a meal takes anywhere between 15 minutes to an hour. so I am feeding her all the time. cause I can tell when shes hungry. what can be wrong if shes eating like this? its just so hard on me. cause she is miserable a lot of the time. shes also teething forever. and no teeth yet. I know it isnt normal at this age to stop so many times in middle of eating. but what can I do? does she have some issue I dont know about?

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 4:15 pm
Relax. Your dd is not abnormal. She's just fascinated by the world around her , easily distracted--perfectly normal for this age-- and not much of a foodie. So long as she is growing normally, you can be confident that she is eating enough. Try taking the bottle away as soon as she stops drinking, take her out of the high chair or whatever you have her in, and do not bring her back till she is really good and hungry. When she is good and hungry, she will drink. She needs to learn that meal time is meal time and play time is play time and never the twain shall meet.

Unless of course she has a stuffed-up nose and stops because she cannot breathe, but then she would stop a lot sooner and act distressed.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 4:40 pm
Actually it is perfectly normal to be distracted at that age. What's wrong with allowing her to eat at the pace she wants? I'm sure when you sit down to eat you don't shovel food in your mouth for ten minutes without pausing Smile

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 4:49 pm
Sounds normal, just harder for you.

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 4:54 pm
maybe get her a thingy that she can hold the bottle herself in a chair so you can be near her

does she eat solids ? maybe she wants some change ...

Learning

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 5:00 pm
Just a guess. Maybe her gums are hurting and she stops because of that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics