Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to Utopia, USA
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 9:59 pm
We are considering moving to Utopia. Since imamothers have been such a big help in our community search, I wonder if you can help us out here.
Let me tell you what I have heard about Utopia so far.

It is located in the Tri-state area, very easily commutable to the city but not too close to the people you might want to get away from. There is no need for a car there since everything is in walking distance, the kids are bussed to school, and working men can take public transportation to jobs. The public transportation is dirt cheap and there is literally no traffic going into Manhattan. It is a small community, but not too small. Everyone counts and is appreciated. They have all types: yeshivish, just plain frum, MO, chassidishe, and everyone gets along beautifully. There are learners and balabatim. There is one main shul with one Rav who is very warm and welcoming and all feel welcome. There is virtually no machlokes. Despite the smallness of the community, it has all the amenities of a large frum community: an all kosher food store, bakeries, butchers, clothing stores, etc. Prices are very moderate. The schools are known to be AMAZING. Class sizes are between 10-20 with each child made to feel special and important. Tuition vouchers are available.
Housing is very affordable. You can find a 5 bedroom house in good condition in the frum area for under 200K. Taxes are extremely low.
Crime is practically nonexistent. The biggest "crime" is when someones dog chews up the neighbors flowers. The police take this very seriously.
The teenagers in Utopia are B"H doing very well. There is virtually no OTD phenomenon there.
The average cost of living is very low and most families are able to live either off of a kollel stipend (did I mention they have a community kollel there?) or with some parental help.
And they are recruiting new families. There is an attractive package being offered to potential new families. For more information, go to www.utopia.iwish.com/wecanalwaysdream.

Does anyone live there and have any additional info to share? we are very seriously interested but want to contact some people who have insider info.
TIA.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 10:07 pm
Yes I live there! We love it here and would be thrilled if you join! All the women here are sooo nice and non judgmental. There is no competition and the nshei is amazing! There are tons of babysitters readily available at all times day and night. The cleaning ladies are super, very flexible and only five dollars an hour. The air quality here is great as well, seasonal allergies don't affect us. Best thing we ever did moving here!

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 10:16 pm
Sounds like you're describing certain European shtaitelach pre WWII..... Some Utopia

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 10:20 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
Sounds like you're describing certain European shtaitelach pre WWII..... Some Utopia

it's total BS

Hatemywig

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 10:22 pm
Are you high?

Scrabble123

vintagebknyc wrote:
it's total BS

I know it is, that's why im saying with all of the baloney, it's still not a utopia because a lot of that existed in pre war towns. Obviously not everything, but a nice chunk of it..

vintagebknyc

Hatemywig wrote:
Are you high?

exactly. and the links are bogus.

monseychick

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 10:23 pm
And the working guys in Utopia are either idiots or kofrim. They don't realize that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in Utopia. So you really can learn

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:22 am
There are real people looking to move. This is irresponsible and plain mean.

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 7:03 am
Can you take me with? I also wanna move there.

chani8

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 7:22 am
Where there is no IF, and we rarely need the Mikva.

Where SB prevails and there is no such thing as [filth].

Where BC is pre-approved for all.

And tznius means refinement not skirt length or neckline.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:36 am
Ruchel wrote:
There are real people looking to move. This is irresponsible and plain mean.

Real people looking to move to utopia?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:39 am
Sure. The names in America are sometimes very weird. There's weirder than Utopia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.....tario
So yes, they read a good chunk before understanding it's """"humor"""".

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:39 am
But, is there a pizza shop? And a sushi place?

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:40 am
BTW is this a serious request? Or a parody? I'm guessing from the fake link the latter.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:41 am
American humor. I didn't get it either, Raisin. It's plain unfun.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:50 am
you've been watching too much tv ...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3703500/

pause

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:52 am
It was actually funny! Sorry you guys didn't get it... But then again, a lot of imamother is like that: Read. Wonder if it's serious or not. Find out it wasn't. Feel like a fool.
OR
Read. Realize it's not serious. Find it funny. Enjoy.
OR
Read. Know that something here is meant to be funny. You don't get it. Someone explains. AHA moment.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:55 am
Had it been in chit chat or wtv I may have found it unfun but harmless. Sorry.

rosenbal

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:58 am
Loved it OP! Humorous and satirical without being nasty at all.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating