Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Norman's Yogurt - Job Well Done!!
1  2  Next

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:11 am
I do not work for Norman's yogurt, but I'd like to praise them.
I really that that this company is way beyond that of the typical cholov yisroel brand. They have innovative lemons like guava, orange, caramel, and pear (waiting for lemon...) which were only seen in the OUD market before. Many of their yogurts outdo the market with their low sugars and low cards. The Greek Lite has fantastic flavor (I actually prefer it to the regular) and is totally friendly for individuals who need to count their sugars and cards for health or diet reasons. Their creamy blends are fantastic too. They have come out with so many new products, whether it be flavors, or the many new varieties of yogurts. I cannot wait for their Greek Yogurt Pro to come out. Good job, Norman's!!! Keep up the good work!

Pineapple

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:22 am
Guava?!?!

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:30 am
Pineapple wrote:
Guava?!?!

Yes, guava flavored yogurt [not Greek]. It's fantastic.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:48 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
Yes, guava flavored yogurt [not Greek]. It's fantastic.

Sorry I read wrong I thought it was greek

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 11:00 am
Pineapple wrote:
Sorry I read wrong I thought it was greek

Maybe they'll come out with it.... You can write them a letter. Maybe they'll even make PINEAPPLE flavored yogurt?????!!!!!

Pineapple

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 11:31 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
Maybe they'll come out with it.... You can write them a letter. Maybe they'll even make PINEAPPLE flavored yogurt?????!!!!!

A different company make Greek pineapple Very Happy

Bitachon101

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:05 pm
We love them in our house too.... Problem is the Greek yogurts cost so much we can't afford to make it a staple in our house.
There has got to be a way to lower the cost so we can stock our shelves with their amazing yogurts!

sky

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:30 pm
Bitachon101 wrote:
We love them in our house too.... Problem is the Greek yogurts cost so much we can't afford to make it a staple in our house.
There has got to be a way to lower the cost so we can stock our shelves with their amazing yogurts!

but I don't think the chalav stam Greek Yogurts are too much cheaper, so I'm not sure how much lower the prices can really go.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:51 pm
sky wrote:
but I don't think the chalav stam Greek Yogurts are too much cheaper, so I'm not sure how much lower the prices can really go.

Standard price for CS Greek yogurt is about $1/ container, but there are often coupons or whatever to get them cheaper. I also buy the larger containers and scoop out individual portions sometimes.

Skippy!!

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:57 pm
We like the Norman's, Greek, Light, strawberry and vanilla yogurts. They're $1.45 in my grocery store.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:57 pm
Pineapple wrote:
A different company make Greek pineapple Very Happy

Maybe we could get a Key Lime Pie flavor too?

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:58 pm
Skippy!! wrote:
We like the Norman's, Greek, Light, strawberry and vanilla yogurts. They're $1.45 in my grocery store.

That's a good price!! I pay $1.79.

The cholov stam greek yogurts range from $1.00 - $1.75 on average, but some organic ones cost more. I noticed in the grocery and through searching online.

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:55 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
I do not work for Norman's yogurt, but I'd like to praise them.
I really that that this company is way beyond that of the typical cholov yisroel brand. They have innovative lemons like guava, orange, caramel, and pear (waiting for lemon...) which were only seen in the OUD market before. Many of their yogurts outdo the market with their low sugars and low cards. The Greek Lite has fantastic flavor (I actually prefer it to the regular) and is totally friendly for individuals who need to count their sugars and cards for health or diet reasons. Their creamy blends are fantastic too. They have come out with so many new products, whether it be flavors, or the many new varieties of yogurts. I cannot wait for their Greek Yogurt Pro to come out. Good job, Norman's!!! Keep up the good work!

ITA - I'm waiting for a chocolate flavored lite greek yogurt. Their new 100 calorie dulce de leche flavor is UNREAL. It really tastes like a decadent piece of caramel cheesecake - it's my new go-to diet treat.

I'm waiting for flavors like strawberry cheesecake, key lime pie, chocolate, and pumpkin spice!

I saw in the Binah food supplement that they came out with new flavors like vanilla lavendar - I really, really want to taste those.
BTW, greek yogurt makes such a good cheesecake. I bake it all the time now for my shabbos morning treat.

chaya35

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:10 pm
debsey wrote:
ITA - I'm waiting for a chocolate flavored lite greek yogurt. Their new 100 calorie dulce de leche flavor is UNREAL. It really tastes like a decadent piece of caramel cheesecake - it's my new go-to diet treat.

I'm waiting for flavors like strawberry cheesecake, key lime pie, chocolate, and pumpkin spice!

I saw in the Binah food supplement that they came out with new flavors like vanilla lavendar - I really, really want to taste those.
BTW, greek yogurt makes such a good cheesecake. I bake it all the time now for my shabbos morning treat.

Can you please post your greek yogurt cheesecake recipe?

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:27 pm
chaya35 wrote:
Can you please post your greek yogurt cheesecake recipe?

Sure - I use this one
http://www.abakinggirl.com/201.....cake/

smss

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 7:33 pm
funny - never heard of this before this thread and then just happened to be someone gave me a norman's cappuccino greek yogurt today. it was delicious but I looked at the ingredients after and it has MSG and food coloring (as well as sugar but that I was expecting...). are some of their others healthier?

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 7:38 pm
smss wrote:
funny - never heard of this before this thread and then just happened to be someone gave me a norman's cappuccino greek yogurt today. it was delicious but I looked at the ingredients after and it has MSG and food coloring (as well as sugar but that I was expecting...). are some of their others healthier?

Are you sure it had MSG because I just read the ingredients in all of the yogurts I have here and non of them have MSG. In terms of sugar, they have the least of all of the cholov Yisroel brands, and their lite yogurts contain only splenda (the sugars come from the dairy). It also says that the food coloring is natural and from vegetable juice.... Not sure what you had...... Try the Greek Lite: it's creamy, blended, and definitely healthier than what you described above.

smss

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 8:47 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
Are you sure it had MSG because I just read the ingredients in all of the yogurts I have here and non of them have MSG. In terms of sugar, they have the least of all of the cholov Yisroel brands, and their lite yogurts contain only splenda (the sugars come from the dairy). It also says that the food coloring is natural and from vegetable juice.... Not sure what you had...... Try the Greek Lite: it's creamy, blended, and definitely healthier than what you described above.

check for "modified food starch", it's another name for MSG
the cappuccino flavor has caramel coloring.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:15 pm
smss wrote:
check for "modified food starch", it's another name for MSG
the cappuccino flavor has caramel coloring.

My orange flavor does not have coloring. It says natural coloring from vegetables. Modified food starch is not just another name for MSG. It's confusing because modified food starch means that they have changed starch but are not telling you how. Many people who get palpitations from MSG can handle "modified food starch," but if you're an organic eater than I guess you probably would avoid modified food starch since you really cannot know what it is. Some of them contain similar ingredients to MSG, but not all.

penguin

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:40 pm
I wish someone would make one with a natural sweetener - agave or xylitol or stevia. Instead, I buy plain, and a bottle of cherry or pom concentrate and mix my own!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars