Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would u go to israel now?????
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:04 pm
Every bullet has its address. I would go to Israel now. I would be prudent about where I went and what I did when I was there, but I'd go.

It's only a matter of time before the twisted logic of "every Israeli is a potential soldier and therefore a legitimate target" becomes "Every Jew is a potential Israeli, and therefore a legitimate target" and then we will see HarNof style attacks here. Chas V'Shalom!

My point isn't to scare anyone, my point is that our sense of safety in Chutz La'aretz is largely illusory. There is a G-d Who runs the world, and I think he watches over Jews when they're in Israel as well as when they're anywhere else..........

Last edited by debsey on Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:07 pm
doctorima wrote:
Yes, I would go, you're not just going for vacation, but for a simcha that you'll regret later if you miss out on. Plus, not going is giving in to the terrorists and letting them take over the country. Go support the local economy. Obviously be smart and don't go out by yourself, or at night, or to sketchy locations.

WADR, when terrorists are coming into shuls with axes, and ramming their cars into people at light rail stops, what does it help to not go out by yourself at night, or not go to sketchy locations?

Our oldest child would like to spend a gap year in a yeshiva in Israel, and I'm worried sick about it.

myself

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:12 pm
debsey wrote:
It's only a matter of time before the twisted logic of "every Israeli is a potential soldier and therefore a legitimate target" becomes "Every Jew is a potential Israeli, and therefore a legitimate target" and then we will see HarNof style attacks here, chas v'shalom.

It's one thing to think it, quite another to say it. Just added the words chas v'shalom in there.
May all of Klal Yisroel be safe and out of harms way. And may Moshiach come very shortly.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:24 pm
balabusta wrote:
Rabbi Yossi MIzrachi just gave a shiur yesterday and said no one should go now who is planning to move there. see shiur at Torah Anytime (15:00 min into it). Not saying I agree, just putting it out there.
Im not going to listen to the shiur, so can you please tell us what are his reasons?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
WADR, when terrorists are coming into shuls with axes, and ramming their cars into people at light rail stops, what does it help to not go out by yourself at night, or not go to sketchy locations?

Our oldest child would like to spend a gap year in a yeshiva in Israel, and I'm worried sick about it.

I hear you. And it's facile to point to what happened in that university in Florida. But I still had menuchas hanefesh in sending my kids during complicated times.

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:26 pm
myself wrote:
It's one thing to think it, quite another to say it. Just added the words chas v'shalom in there.
May all of Klal Yisroel be safe and out of harms way. And may Moshiach come very shortly.

You are right. I added in the chas v'shalom to my post.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:29 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im not going to listen to the shiur, so can you please tell us what are his reasons?

To paraphrase, he said that if CV'S you should be a victim of a terror attack, you would blame yourself forever because you put yourself in harm's way. Classic victim blaming. (Don't wear that short skirt, either, or you'll get what's coming to you.)

He's content to sit at his desk and wait for Moschiach to come and fix everything. That's a valid option, and I'm not debating that. I'm just saying that he shouldn't be telling everyone else that they should do the same. Each person needs to decide for themselves where they are holding.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:04 pm
Boruch Hashem I have several good reasons to visit Israel in the near future. But I'm a worrier, so I decided against it. Something I'm not proud of btw Sad

ROFL

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:12 pm
Can those people who planned to go and are nit transfer their tickets to me. I would greatly appreciate it!

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:16 pm
ROFL wrote:
Can those people who planned to go and are nit transfer their tickets to me. I would greatly appreciate it!

Me too. Along with the entire travel itinerary! I have actually never been to Israel, but that's a thread for itself.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:27 pm
We moved to Har Nof 3 months ago from another part of Israel. We live around the corner from the shul in which the massacre occurred. I can honestly say I would not prefer to be anywhere else right now. This community is so full of bitachon, tefillah, closeness to Hashem, chessed. This week we have been witness to the incredible strength here. Hashem should watch over all of us.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 6:20 pm
amother wrote:
Come visit me in Har Nof!

Sick joke.

StripedFlower

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 6:22 pm
amother wrote:
Boruch Hashem I have several good reasons to visit Israel in the near future. But I'm a worrier, so I decided against it. Something I'm not proud of btw Sad

It's nothing to be ashamed of either.

It is a scary, dangerous place at the moment.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 6:24 pm
amother wrote:
Sick joke.

If I understood correctly, that comment was neither a joke nor sick. It was amother so as not to reveal her location.

doctorima

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 6:45 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Someone once wrote "I would trade 1,000 nights in the finest palace, to spend one night camped out in the courtyard of the King."

That's how I feel.

I believe that Dovid HaMelech wrote that in Tehillim, see 84:11.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 6:53 pm
not only wouldn't I go - I petrified that my daughter wants to go back after getting married

at this point I think I'll wait for moshiach ...

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 8:50 pm
doctorima wrote:
I believe that Dovid HaMelech wrote that in Tehillim, see 84:11.

Thank you! Where I read it, someone said that without giving sources, and I just assumed that he had heard it from someone else, etc.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:03 pm
I'd like to say something which may not be expressed properly since I'm writing rushed on an iPad, but I'll try my best. What happened in Israel was a tragedy. It was terrible and it horrified many people. Some people responded by screaming about uncivilized Islamic Extremists are. Others spoke about Teshuva. Others said that we shouldn't ask questions.

I know that I was impacted by what happened. I know that it was shocking that it happened in a shul where frum people were davening. It is a rachmones on the families.

I want to say something else. I think that if we think about why we were so shaken up, that it will bring clarity and security to ourselves. If we were shaken up because a terrible din was brought down, that is a medreiga. Many people were shaken up because they felt that they lost their security, and a drop of "apikorisus" is found in that lack of security. They felt that how could they continue to feel safe in shul or in the street?

We daven everyday to Hashem to be a shomer Yisroel. We ask Him to guard our steps and to keep all of klal Yisroel safe. We do that because every minute of everyday He is keeping us safe. He is keeping us safe when there are no attacks. The street is safe because He wants it to be. Everyday we thank Hashem for returning our neshama to us. It is just as safe as it has always been to go to shul. These events shake us up because we are scared, but they should act to reinforce our emunah in Hashem because it reminds us of how BH He is doing a wonderful job keeping klal Yisroel safe because BH we don't hear of such tragedies often (and IYH we should never hear of them again).

I hope what I wrote here will be understood and accepted in a positive way and not a negative one. May us and all of klal yisroel be zoche to only have chasadim that we can see with our eyes from now on.

Miri7

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 12:27 am
Yes, I would go. Absolutely.

5mom

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 12:33 am
Maybe the better question is, would you abandon Israel now?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics