Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lakewood-hadassah lane

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:26 pm
anyone k now if there is a mikva walking distance and how is the walking at night? is the place near any stores in walking distance? I know everything is spread out.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:33 pm
Hadassa Lane is in the Sterling Forest development. It is far from a supermarket - the closest is about half a mile away on Route 9. You should not walk on Route 9 at night! In plenty of places there are no sidewalks.

There is a Friday night mikvah in Sterling Forest, but it is not open during the week (as far as I know). The 3 main mikvaos are not in walking distance. One on 11th and Madison, one in Westgate, and one on Central Avenue.

There is a shopping plaza not too far away - Chateau Plaza. There's a cleaners, linen store, clothing and accessories store, tableware, and Z. Berman.

If you move to Lakewood, you should probably learn how to drive. It's really very hard if you don't.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:33 pm
Why don't you explore Google Maps? https://www.google.com/maps/pl.....data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c1787f30415c35:0xb42fa528b0b53599

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:40 pm
lilisraeli-on the map things look like less walking distance and when you do the walking its alot longer. why cant I ask someone here who lives there? I think its just nice if someone can give info that doesnt cost money or anything.
edit cause I didnt realize you answered before

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:47 pm
op here- so you are saying how long aof a walk is the mikva the one open friday night? obviously its okay to walk there? I was there during the day and I must not have seen everything because I was in a car. I really dont know the place.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:50 pm
is there an eruv there?

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:51 pm
You can ask someone who lives there, and you should. But most of us who live in Lakewood (if not all) are not Chasidish and can't help you with most of your questions. Your best bet is to make some real-life contacts in Lakewood and ask them.

That said:

There's no walk at all to the Friday night mikvah. It's in the same development. It's on Hadassah Lane just like the rest of Sterling Forest, in the shul basement.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:52 pm
Each individual development has its own eruv, Sterling Forest included. Some of the individual streets (not in a development) might not have an eruv, but the developments do.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:00 pm
I would say it is a 20 to 30 minute walk to the Supermarket. However they are building Evergreen near there and I guess that will be a 10 minute walk.

By Spruce Street the is a Grocery store Blue Ribbon and that is a shorter walk then the Co-Op on James Street. A Branch of Dr Shaniks office is right near there so you would have a pediatrician in walking distance.

There is Todd Plaza which has a group of stores and across the Street from there are more stores and that might be a 10 minute walk. (Todd Plaza has a childrens clothing store, Close Out Connection, a Kids shoe store and some other stores there

There are a bunch of stores within a 5 to 20 minute walking range but I can't think of a ladies clothing store

Some Super Markets do do Delivery.

The Mikva is not in walking distance but your DH can drive you at night.

sky

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:08 pm
Stores in Lakewood deliver which makes supermarkets not walkable not such a big deal.

If you are looking into a specific development why don't you knock on doors and see what your neighbors are like.

Or look up the neighbors in the white pages and call them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating