Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Both working fulltime parents

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:24 pm
Do you and your eh both work fulltime? Dh works over 12 a day including Sunday. I work 40 hours a week. What are some tips/ideas to keep this arrangement working well? We have one dc. I try not to use too much prepared food etc and in general am pretty frugal. Any ideas?

Tia

Miri7

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 7:11 pm
DH and I both work full time. It was a huge adjustment at first but now we've made it work. Smile.

First - lower your expectations! Breakfast for dinner is totally acceptable! Make lists of easy dinners and meals so you have a few go- to ideas. Remember the goal is nutrition, not fancy weekday meals. Cook double and freeze. Make friends with your crockpot. Plan the week's meals in advance to reduce shopping trips or "what's for dinner" angst.
Some people will wash and chop veggies when they get home from the store so they are ready for evening meals during the week.

Have a meeting once a week or two weeks to coordinate appointments, schedule, to do lists.

Communicate openly about what things u can do, aren't able to do, etc. with no judgment. Give each other a break when balls are dropped.

Try to do a quick 20 minute cleanup each evening together. Try to develop systems for dealing with tasks - mail, bills, scheduling appointments etc. get your house organized since it's much easier to keep house when everything has a place.

Give one another breaks when you can - take kid to park or to play with friends so one can relax . Make friends with other working parents so you can exchange favors as needed.

To really easy on yourselves - it's tough but you will settle into a routine. That's all I can think of for now.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 9:42 am
I know this doesn't help because money wise it's expensive in kosher, but I know many many ft working women who do microwave every night, oven for more fancy Wink

Petra

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 1:48 pm
Make sure you both are getting enough sleep! Create a repetoire of simple meals. When they get worn out, you'll find new ones. Be satisfied with less than extravagant. Don't compare yourself to the balabusta down the street. Take vitamins. Establish a date night for the two of you. Delineate responsibilities such as bill paying, shopping, house maintenance, childcare and plan accordingly.

SS6099

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 2:41 pm
Dh and I work full time too... My deep freezer is my best friend... And pizza shop on Thursdays.
It gets easier when the kids are all in school (like I have now)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers