Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How to cope and manage when baby wants to be held all day

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:26 pm
It's getting to me. Baby cries all day and only wants to be held. My other two kids are still young to help with that.

Anyone BTDT? If anyone has some good solid advice as what to do I am all ears

BTW, a sling is not an option for me.

SS6099

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:12 pm
You said a sling is not an option. What about a Baby BJorn carrier? Worked WONDERS for me and my super colicky kids...

skirtznsox

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:28 pm
My DD refused a sling, too. She also refused the ergo and a baby bjorn, so I went to toys r us and tried on every demo carrier they had with her. She ended up loving this one structured, front only carrier that lasted until 20 lbs and was the second-to-least expensive, and it was a lifesaver since I could actually DO things. she hated the pack n play when she was little, loved the swing for short periods of time and was occasionally okay with the bouncer, so maybe try those two things, as well... they're usually soft and molded enough around babies that they sort of feel held, at least for like 10 minutes at a time. she tried to skip crawling and go straight to walking, but her crawling and walking steps were age appropriate. her daycare teacher says she's the most advanced in her class, and she isn't the oldest, and I did hold her ALL THE TIME.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:31 pm
skirtznsox wrote:
My DD refused a sling, too. She also refused the ergo and a baby bjorn, so I went to toys r us and tried on every demo carrier they had with her. She ended up loving this one structured, front only carrier that lasted until 20 lbs and was the second-to-least expensive, and it was a lifesaver since I could actually DO things. she hated the pack n play when she was little, loved the swing for short periods of time and was occasionally okay with the bouncer, so maybe try those two things, as well... they're usually soft and molded enough around babies that they sort of feel held, at least for like 10 minutes at a time. she tried to skip crawling and go straight to walking, but her crawling and walking steps were age appropriate. her daycare teacher says she's the most advanced in her class, and she isn't the oldest, and I did hold her ALL THE TIME.

This. You described my baby. I'm glad to hear that it didn't affect her crawling and walking.

She seems very bored. She prefers company over toys.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:56 pm
a swing - rockabye baby Music

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 6:55 am
Babybjorn hurt my back terribly, I couldn't use it.

Some days nothing get done. Do check for heartburn.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 8:16 am
Is your baby 3 months or under? If so its hard but often they need a lot of holding. I second trying the bouncer and swing and swaddling your baby as much as possible when you can't hold the baby.

Btw despite what another says its important to still give baby floor and tummy times as not getting these can definitely delay gross and fine motor development.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 8:32 am
you sure you're not talking about my baby??

@ 11 mo she still loves best mommy holding her!! & we tried every baby equipment under the sun. she's a very happy baby- just in mommys arms!!!

& yes also very active- climbs up little slide in my dining room- up the ladder or slide. crawls up steps out of stroller, highchair & trys jumping out of crib...

we love her & love holding her but would also appreciate any advice on how to keep on the floor (or anywhere safe) for an additional few minutes so mommy can lets say cook supper or take care of toddler sib...

TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics